LBC, one of Global's radio brands, is 44 years old. In March, it reached 126 million people across Facebook and Twitter and gathered 18 million video views on social media.
Why do people come to LBC to listen, share and comment, particularly on a platform where we tend to scroll through our feeds and watch videos with the sound turned off?
In this week's episode, we talk to Steve Wilson-Beales, Global's head of editorial, about LBC's strategy for producing and sharing audio on social platforms, and what they've learned about audio shareability from an intense period of experimentation earlier this year.
This podcast features a clip of James O'Brien from LBC's Facebook page, used with permission.
Free daily newsletter
- TRT World is growing in the US and Europe with social video explainers, interactive audio stories and 'fresh TV'
- Tip: Advice for transitioning from print to audio reporting
- Tip: Refresh your social media strategy with this advice
- Is media's dependence on Facebook an unavoidable sacrifice on the altar of digital transition?
- The Trust Project launches transparency standards to help readers identify reliable news sources