LBC, one of Global's radio brands, is 44 years old. In March, it reached 126 million people across Facebook and Twitter and gathered 18 million video views on social media.
Why do people come to LBC to listen, share and comment, particularly on a platform where we tend to scroll through our feeds and watch videos with the sound turned off?
In this week's episode, we talk to Steve Wilson-Beales, Global's head of editorial, about LBC's strategy for producing and sharing audio on social platforms, and what they've learned about audio shareability from an intense period of experimentation earlier this year.
This podcast features a clip of James O'Brien from LBC's Facebook page, used with permission.
Free daily newsletter
- What news publishers can learn from Silicon Valley
- Ben Spencer, science editor, The Sunday Times, on the future of climate journalism
- RISJ trust report: redefine your public image or bad actors will do it for you
- A decade on from the Arab Spring: ten ways use of social media has changed in the Middle East
- How to build a music blog from scratch