LBC, one of Global's radio brands, is 44 years old. In March, it reached 126 million people across Facebook and Twitter and gathered 18 million video views on social media.
Why do people come to LBC to listen, share and comment, particularly on a platform where we tend to scroll through our feeds and watch videos with the sound turned off?
In this week's episode, we talk to Steve Wilson-Beales, Global's head of editorial, about LBC's strategy for producing and sharing audio on social platforms, and what they've learned about audio shareability from an intense period of experimentation earlier this year.
This podcast features a clip of James O'Brien from LBC's Facebook page, used with permission.
Free daily newsletter
- Tip: How to set up a productive dialogue in a podcast without a host
- From podcasts to chat bots: Engagement experiments at Harvard Business Review
- Tip: Filming on a smartphone? Here's some key advice from the BBC
- The Guardian Mobile Innovation Lab is working to elevate podcasts with a new player for the mobile web
- 10 tips for setting up your LinkedIn profile