LBC, one of Global's radio brands, is 44 years old. In March, it reached 126 million people across Facebook and Twitter and gathered 18 million video views on social media.
Why do people come to LBC to listen, share and comment, particularly on a platform where we tend to scroll through our feeds and watch videos with the sound turned off?
In this week's episode, we talk to Steve Wilson-Beales, Global's head of editorial, about LBC's strategy for producing and sharing audio on social platforms, and what they've learned about audio shareability from an intense period of experimentation earlier this year.
This podcast features a clip of James O'Brien from LBC's Facebook page, used with permission.
Free daily newsletter
- 'Conscious commissioning': what The Times learned from deep analysis of its journalism
- Your comment section is only as good as your editorial strategy
- App for journalists: PhotoGrid, for creating eye-catching images on Instagram
- 10 tips for introducing mobile journalism into local newsrooms
- Half of publishers bet on reader revenue as their main income stream in 2020