LBC, one of Global's radio brands, is 44 years old. In March, it reached 126 million people across Facebook and Twitter and gathered 18 million video views on social media.
Why do people come to LBC to listen, share and comment, particularly on a platform where we tend to scroll through our feeds and watch videos with the sound turned off?
In this week's episode, we talk to Steve Wilson-Beales, Global's head of editorial, about LBC's strategy for producing and sharing audio on social platforms, and what they've learned about audio shareability from an intense period of experimentation earlier this year.
This podcast features a clip of James O'Brien from LBC's Facebook page, used with permission.
Free daily newsletter
- BuzzFeed UK launches #What2Watch live programme on Twitter
- Tool for journalists: Thread Reader, for turning Twitter threads into articles
- How personalised email can help grow your audience
- The Washington Post leverages the popularity of WhatsApp to fight fake news ahead of the 2019 Indian elections
- Tool for journalists: SumAll, for gauging your social media presence