LBC, one of Global's radio brands, is 44 years old. In March, it reached 126 million people across Facebook and Twitter and gathered 18 million video views on social media.
Why do people come to LBC to listen, share and comment, particularly on a platform where we tend to scroll through our feeds and watch videos with the sound turned off?
In this week's episode, we talk to Steve Wilson-Beales, Global's head of editorial, about LBC's strategy for producing and sharing audio on social platforms, and what they've learned about audio shareability from an intense period of experimentation earlier this year.
This podcast features a clip of James O'Brien from LBC's Facebook page, used with permission.
Free daily newsletter
- Why assumed knowledge is the 'enemy of the push alert'
- UK news brands are often ignored or misremembered when accessed via search or social media, study finds
- Tip: 3 ways to make your headlines stand out on social media
- Lydia Polgreen, editor-in-chief of HuffPost, on inspiring innovation: 'We need to get better at telling our own story'
- Catalan publication VilaWeb is offering subscribers the option to print the newspaper at home