LBC, one of Global's radio brands, is 44 years old. In March, it reached 126 million people across Facebook and Twitter and gathered 18 million video views on social media.
Why do people come to LBC to listen, share and comment, particularly on a platform where we tend to scroll through our feeds and watch videos with the sound turned off?
In this week's episode, we talk to Steve Wilson-Beales, Global's head of editorial, about LBC's strategy for producing and sharing audio on social platforms, and what they've learned about audio shareability from an intense period of experimentation earlier this year.
This podcast features a clip of James O'Brien from LBC's Facebook page, used with permission.
Free daily newsletter
- BBC News shows that hard-hitting solutions journalism stories can thrive on social media
- Advertorial: How to optimise your stories for mobile audiences
- LinkedIn: here is what journalism students need to know
- The modern journalist needs a toolbox of technology to compete in the digital age
- Five tips for breaking into broadcast