LBC, one of Global's radio brands, is 44 years old. In March, it reached 126 million people across Facebook and Twitter and gathered 18 million video views on social media.
Why do people come to LBC to listen, share and comment, particularly on a platform where we tend to scroll through our feeds and watch videos with the sound turned off?
In this week's episode, we talk to Steve Wilson-Beales, Global's head of editorial, about LBC's strategy for producing and sharing audio on social platforms, and what they've learned about audio shareability from an intense period of experimentation earlier this year.
This podcast features a clip of James O'Brien from LBC's Facebook page, used with permission.
Free daily newsletter
- How the Guardian's supporters helped save the newspaper
- How Hashtag Our Stories is helping citizen journalists tell better stories
- The Cube shows viewers how it debunks misinformation while it is spreading online
- Social Media Solutions programme helps Arabic journalists improve online content and cybersecurity
- How your news organisation can share Instagram Stories with a select audience