LBC, one of Global's radio brands, is 44 years old. In March, it reached 126 million people across Facebook and Twitter and gathered 18 million video views on social media.
Why do people come to LBC to listen, share and comment, particularly on a platform where we tend to scroll through our feeds and watch videos with the sound turned off?
In this week's episode, we talk to Steve Wilson-Beales, Global's head of editorial, about LBC's strategy for producing and sharing audio on social platforms, and what they've learned about audio shareability from an intense period of experimentation earlier this year.
This podcast features a clip of James O'Brien from LBC's Facebook page, used with permission.
Free daily newsletter
- How Vogue International engages Generation Z on Instagram
- Five ways the BBC will boost its audience engagement in 2019
- Five lessons from the Guardian's membership strategy, three years on
- Mood boards and social media lockdown: How one newsroom is dealing with notification overload
- How news app Kinzen will enable users to create their own daily news routine