LBC, one of Global's radio brands, is 44 years old. In March, it reached 126 million people across Facebook and Twitter and gathered 18 million video views on social media.
Why do people come to LBC to listen, share and comment, particularly on a platform where we tend to scroll through our feeds and watch videos with the sound turned off?
In this week's episode, we talk to Steve Wilson-Beales, Global's head of editorial, about LBC's strategy for producing and sharing audio on social platforms, and what they've learned about audio shareability from an intense period of experimentation earlier this year.
This podcast features a clip of James O'Brien from LBC's Facebook page, used with permission.
Free daily newsletter
- Tip: Check out these free tools for mobile audio
- Report: Technology trends journalists should watch in 2018
- New project from the Walter Cronkite School will focus on improving news literacy through collaboration
- Tip: Remember this advice for writing strong headlines for social media
- With AM to DM, BuzzFeed brings the morning news show to Twitter