You've heard of blockchain in the context of finance and cryptocurrencies, but the technology has the potential to impact other industries as well. Is journalism one of them?
Coolidge explains the advantages of blockchain for journalists, such as permanence and self-governance. He also gives more details about how Civil will work once it's launched, how readers and journalists get involved, and where blockchain comes into the mix.
Free daily newsletter
- Blockchain, vertical video and podcasting: Here is your weekly journalism news update
- Blockchain tech has the power to fight censorship — but it can help fake news stay forever
- Need to catch up? Here's your weekly journalism news update
- Po.et is working on building new tools to re-empower freedom of the press using blockchain
- With $5 million in funding, Civil is building a journalism marketplace on blockchain