As well as adding 12 new languages teams, BBC World Service is undergoing a process of digital transformation for its existing teams. Dmitry Shishkin, digital development editor, BBC World Service, has shared some lessons he has learned so far in this transition.
Journalism.co.uk caught up with him to find out more about what's driving the largest expansion of BBC World Service in decades, and how to manage such changes in some 40 teams in different parts of the world.
Free daily newsletter
- Tasked with innovation research, the APA-medialab goes from idea to prototype in five days
- Martin Baron: 'There is a business case in addition to the moral case for investigative journalism'
- Expressen TV continues to grow as it gears up to work on new online business channel
- Why The Village Ukraine is looking to slow down its growth, two months after launch
- Diaspora journalism: How The Irish Times connects with readers abroad