As well as adding 12 new languages teams, BBC World Service is undergoing a process of digital transformation for its existing teams. Dmitry Shishkin, digital development editor, BBC World Service, has shared some lessons he has learned so far in this transition.
Journalism.co.uk caught up with him to find out more about what's driving the largest expansion of BBC World Service in decades, and how to manage such changes in some 40 teams in different parts of the world.
Free daily newsletter
- Tip: How to adapt large journalism projects for small newsrooms
- With AM to DM, BuzzFeed brings the morning news show to Twitter
- Quartz turns 5: Kevin Delaney, editor-in-chief, shares priorities for development
- 5 lessons learned from an innovative media organisation
- NRS: At seven UK titles, more than half of the national audience reads stories only on mobile