As well as adding 12 new languages teams, BBC World Service is undergoing a process of digital transformation for its existing teams. Dmitry Shishkin, digital development editor, BBC World Service, has shared some lessons he has learned so far in this transition.
Journalism.co.uk caught up with him to find out more about what's driving the largest expansion of BBC World Service in decades, and how to manage such changes in some 40 teams in different parts of the world.
Free daily newsletter
- The on-demand audio revolution gathers pace
- Prioritising the reading experience at The Times: Why the paywall prompts radical thinking inside the newsroom
- Shifting focus from offers to promoting its journalism, The New York Times continues to build its subscriber base
- Study: How local news organisations are managing digital change
- Six newsletters in six weeks: How The Telegraph is building a new strategy