Many UK publishers are trying to expand to the US and access those extra 325m readers and listeners across the Atlantic Ocean.
But what about US publishers looking to make their mark in the UK? A year ago, Forbes did just that when they purchased online business publication The Memo.
In this week’s podcast, we caught up with Alex Wood, the founder of The Memo and now Europe editor at Forbes.
Wood talks about what makes the UK attractive for such a big player like Forbes, how Brexit will impact the media sector, and why one of his reporter keeps a life-like 3D print of his face in his desk drawer.
Want to reach more digital readers? Find out how to kickstart an effective digital strategy at Newsrewired on 6 March at Reuters, London.
Free daily newsletter
- US nonprofit The 19th wants to report on women and policies from a gender viewpoint
- How journalists can help audiences understand the news
- The Times set to launch a radio station to capture new subscribers
- Half of publishers bet on reader revenue as their main income stream in 2020
- BBC Voice News Service to give news bulletins on smart speakers a human touch