Many UK publishers are trying to expand to the US and access those extra 325m readers and listeners across the Atlantic Ocean.
But what about US publishers looking to make their mark in the UK? A year ago, Forbes did just that when they purchased online business publication The Memo.
In this week’s podcast, we caught up with Alex Wood, the founder of The Memo and now Europe editor at Forbes.
Wood talks about what makes the UK attractive for such a big player like Forbes, how Brexit will impact the media sector, and why one of his reporter keeps a life-like 3D print of his face in his desk drawer.
Want to reach more digital readers? Find out how to kickstart an effective digital strategy at Newsrewired on 6 March at Reuters, London.
Free daily newsletter
- Al Jazeera uses 360-video to show the scale of destruction in Yemeni civil war
- The Outriders launches a 'Pimp My Ride'-style transformation scheme for media organisations
- The Tip Off shows emotional and legal impact of investigative journalism
- HuffPost UK launches two new sections that will pay contributors
- How can we improve the love-hate relationship between Google and news publishers?