In this week's podcast, we spoke to Madhav Chinnappa, director of news ecosystem development at Google, about how the platform works with news organisations to improve what has so far been a complicated relationship.
From financing innovative news projects around the world through Google News Initiative to launching free tools that help journalists verify online content, Google is certainly making an effort to support the media industry. But is that enough to contradict the critics who accuse the platform of harming newsrooms by diverting the advertising revenue?
Learn how to build a sustainable and diverse newsroom at the Newsrewired conference - join us on 27 November 2019 in London. Find out more
Free daily newsletter
- Weekly journalism news update: artificial intelligence, podcast ad revenue and 'audience canvas'
- Daily news podcasts proving to be an attractive proposition for advertisers
- Weekly journalism news update: design thinking, mobile journalism for local news and UK data units
- 'Unbias the news': Lack of diversity in journalism can lead to newsrooms missing out on important stories
- Facebook and Google team up with INSI to fight online harassment of journalists