In this week's podcast, we spoke to Madhav Chinnappa, director of news ecosystem development at Google, about how the platform works with news organisations to improve what has so far been a complicated relationship.
From financing innovative news projects around the world through Google News Initiative to launching free tools that help journalists verify online content, Google is certainly making an effort to support the media industry. But is that enough to contradict the critics who accuse the platform of harming newsrooms by diverting the advertising revenue?
Learn how to build a sustainable and diverse newsroom at the Newsrewired conference - join us on 27 November 2019 in London. Find out more
Free daily newsletter
- The Outriders launches a 'Pimp My Ride'-style transformation scheme for media organisations
- Facebook's content verification efforts still insufficient to fight false news
- Bellingcat launches investigative podcast about the Malaysia Airlines Flight 17 crash
- Save Journalism Project is encouraging journalists to speak out against job layoffs
- “When news organisations work together, the entire industry benefits”