In this week's podcast, we spoke to Madhav Chinnappa, director of news ecosystem development at Google, about how the platform works with news organisations to improve what has so far been a complicated relationship.
From financing innovative news projects around the world through Google News Initiative to launching free tools that help journalists verify online content, Google is certainly making an effort to support the media industry. But is that enough to contradict the critics who accuse the platform of harming newsrooms by diverting the advertising revenue?
Learn how to build a sustainable and diverse newsroom at the Newsrewired conference - join us on 27 November 2019 in London. Find out more
Free daily newsletter
- A searchable court case database aims to improve reporting on public interest stories
- “Hey Google, tell me something good”
- World’s leading expert on design thinking to give keynote at Newsrewired
- EJC launches Freelance Journalism Assembly to support the self-employed community
- The Bristol Cable launches new tool to engage readers with local journalism