Among the refugees who have settled in the UK are professional journalists who had active careers in their country of origin. The Refugee Journalism Project is a joint initiative from the Migrants Resource Centre and the London College of Communication that aims to help exiled journalists make contacts in the UK and start working as reporters once again.
In this podcast, Journalism.co.uk speaks to project coordinator Tessa Hughes about the resources available and the challenges refugee journalists face when trying to get started as journalists in the UK.
Free daily newsletter
- What makes a good publisher podcast?
- Christmas podcast: Journalism.co.uk looks back at 2019's hot (and not) topics in the media industry
- What to do before, during and after a live podcast event
- Daily news podcasts proving to be an attractive proposition for advertisers
- ‘I became a journalist aged 31, as a single parent and a woman of colour’