Among the refugees who have settled in the UK are professional journalists who had active careers in their country of origin. The Refugee Journalism Project is a joint initiative from the Migrants Resource Centre and the London College of Communication that aims to help exiled journalists make contacts in the UK and start working as reporters once again.
In this podcast, Journalism.co.uk speaks to project coordinator Tessa Hughes about the resources available and the challenges refugee journalists face when trying to get started as journalists in the UK.
Free daily newsletter
- Six new journalism podcasts to help you get through the pandemic
- Digital News Report 2020: covid-19 accelerates digital shifts in the media industry
- Tip: Producing podcasts from home
- Six journalism podcasts to listen to while in lockdown
- Jemima Villanueva, executive director EMEA at The Atlantic, on what makes an award-winning podcast