At Swedish Radio, journalists can apply to take their story to the digital task force, headed by project manager Yasmine El Rafie.
The teams whose ideas are chosen have to send one journalist to work with the task force to produce a more engaging way of telling their story for online audiences. While audio remains at the core of the story, graphics, videos and data can be added into the mix.
Having journalists work as part of the task force for the week is a great help for finalising projects on time, but also for promoting a more agile work culture in the newsroom.
In this podcast, Journalism.co.uk speaks to El Rafie to find out how the team works and what challenges they encounter.
Free daily newsletter
- The Economist launches podcast-only news subscription
- Inside the New Statesman’s award-winning podcast commercial strategy
- Reuters Institute trends and predictions 2023: revenue, news avoidance and tech turbulence
- Tortoise Media says its audio journalism is profitable, but its business model is not
- David Taylor, editor of Tortoise, on slowing down during breaking news