The Audiencers is a one-year-old media publication writing about top news organisations' reader revenue strategies.
In doing this, it has picked up a number of tricks and tips along the way for converting its readers into members and clients of its parent company. In particular, it has been finding a lot of joy with a registration wall: think paywall, but instead of getting out your wallet, you are handing over an email address.
In this week's podcast, we speak to editor-in-chief Madeleine White about how she has tweaked a strategy that started off as pure content marketing and has evolved into a more sophisticated newsletter-first model.
Tune in for some outside-of-the-box thinking with reader revenue and tips on what innovative publishers both big and small are doing well.
Free daily newsletter
- Newsrewired special with Media Voices: leadership, AI and business models
- Tools, tactics, and success stories of newsroom innovation in 2023
- How news brands can win over young audiences, with Danuta Breguła
- Bundling up: The secret to subscriber success
- News subscriptions hit a snag amid cost-of-living crisis, RISJ report finds