In 2018, Angie Lau set out on a new career path. She had spent almost a decade with Bloomberg TV as a presenter, notably anchoring its flagship morning show "First Up with Angie Lau".
Inspired to give the next generation of news readers a better understanding of blockchain, cryptocurrencies and emerging technology in the Asia-Pacific region, she launched Forkast.News.
Her transition from journalist to editor-in-chief, CEO, and founder of the digital media platform is a reminder of the potential newsroom reporters have to spot a gap in the market. Reporters have the right skillset, as well the contacts and opportunities, they just do not realise it.
Speaking at Newsrewired this week, Lau shared tips on how you too can think like an entrepreneur and unlock your potential. In this week's podcast, we give you the highlights and takeaways to spark new ideas in your newsroom.
Free daily newsletter
- Tip: Why publishers should take blockchain seriously
- Eleanor Mills: 'Newspapers will become irrelevant if they do not cater to all parts of society'
- Must-have skills for a media startup CEO: Una Murphy of VIEWdigital
- Must-have skills for a media startup CEO: Barak Ronen of CRUX
- Must-have skills for a media startup CEO: Joe McGrath of Rhotic Media