In 2018, Angie Lau set out on a new career path. She had spent almost a decade with Bloomberg TV as a presenter, notably anchoring its flagship morning show "First Up with Angie Lau".
Inspired to give the next generation of news readers a better understanding of blockchain, cryptocurrencies and emerging technology in the Asia-Pacific region, she launched Forkast.News.
Her transition from journalist to editor-in-chief, CEO, and founder of the digital media platform is a reminder of the potential newsroom reporters have to spot a gap in the market. Reporters have the right skillset, as well the contacts and opportunities, they just do not realise it.
Speaking at Newsrewired this week, Lau shared tips on how you too can think like an entrepreneur and unlock your potential. In this week's podcast, we give you the highlights and takeaways to spark new ideas in your newsroom.
Free daily newsletter
- From Reuters to The New York Times, Big Oil pays 'most trusted media brands' to push greenwashing
- Reuters tests new blockchain tool to authenticate images
- Eleanor Mills, founder of Noon, on staying true to brand values
- How to gain investment for your media startup
- Yehong Zhu, CEO of Zette, on launching and growing a news media startup