In this week's Journalism.co.uk podcast, we are pleased to introduce you to our latest editorial team member, Osama Gaweesh.
He joins us on a three-month apprenticeship thanks to the Refugee Journalism Project, an initiative based at the London College of Communication, part of the University of the Arts London. It supports refugees and exiled journalists to restart their careers in the UK. Keep an eye out for his bylines.
He has had an inspirational journey into journalism which he shares with you in this episode. From being a dentist with his own clinic in Egypt, he went on to launch a dissident TV channel in Turkey, to then being exiled to the UK where he has now received refugee status.
His story is one of ups and downs; breaking major political leaks and being separated from his family. We are excited to be a part of his journey in the months ahead.
Free daily newsletter
- Meet the inspiring, disabled journalists working their dream jobs
- Shaping the future of journalism: insights for the next generation
- New free course on war reporting launched
- Solutions journalism superstars: media mentor and trainer, Swati Sanyal Tarafdar
- Preethi Nallu, global director, Report for the World, on strengthening media ecosystems