Kevin Delaney, editor-in-chief and president of Quartz, sat down with Journalism.co.uk for our latest podcast to discuss trends and priorities around the fifth anniversary of the business news outlet.
"People stopped being sentimental about the precise form in which they operate," he said of the longevity of some classic forms of media, such as podcasts or the email newsletter, which Quartz has turned into a valuable asset.
With two new editions recently launched, three video series coming up, and a book now published, Quartz is on the lookout for new ways to engage with its audience – whether that's on paper or through voice interfaces.
Free daily newsletter
- TRT World is growing in the US and Europe with social video explainers, interactive audio stories and 'fresh TV'
- With its latest video series, The Washington Post wants to pull back the curtain on the reporting process
- Google awards €20.4m to media projects in Europe as part of the fourth round of its Digital News Initiative
- How to simultaneously shoot and edit highlight videos using Velapp
- Throwback Thursday: Mobile journalism, video on the web and 'holding back the pace of change online'