Kevin Delaney, editor-in-chief and president of Quartz, sat down with Journalism.co.uk for our latest podcast to discuss trends and priorities around the fifth anniversary of the business news outlet.
"People stopped being sentimental about the precise form in which they operate," he said of the longevity of some classic forms of media, such as podcasts or the email newsletter, which Quartz has turned into a valuable asset.
With two new editions recently launched, three video series coming up, and a book now published, Quartz is on the lookout for new ways to engage with its audience – whether that's on paper or through voice interfaces.
Free daily newsletter
- The on-demand audio revolution gathers pace
- Prioritising the reading experience at The Times: Why the paywall prompts radical thinking inside the newsroom
- Shifting focus from offers to promoting its journalism, The New York Times continues to build its subscriber base
- Study: How local news organisations are managing digital change
- Six newsletters in six weeks: How The Telegraph is building a new strategy