Since it launched in 2011, Snapchat has evolved beyond a messaging app used by teenagers to send embarrassing pictures or videos that disappear after ten seconds.
As chat apps are becoming important distribution channels for news, Snapchat is signing up more publishers to its Discover feature. So what stories better suit Snapchat Discover?
We speak to:
- Alan Strange, senior producer, Sky News
- Jeff Petriello, director of creative development, Mashable Collective
Sign up to the Journalism.co.uk iTunes podcast feed
Free daily newsletter
- What place does Snapchat have in the newsroom as a tool for breaking news?
- 'From the street to the boardroom': How Reuters’ Africa Journal produces ‘mobile-friendly’ stories on Africa
- How collaborative podcast The Secret History of the Future aims to bring US audiences to The Economist
- ‘A new kind of content for a new kind of audience’ – Irish broadcaster RTÉ experiments with vertical video
- Tip: Listen in to these audio storytelling techniques