Since it launched in 2011, Snapchat has evolved beyond a messaging app used by teenagers to send embarrassing pictures or videos that disappear after ten seconds.
As chat apps are becoming important distribution channels for news, Snapchat is signing up more publishers to its Discover feature. So what stories better suit Snapchat Discover?
We speak to:
- Alan Strange, senior producer, Sky News
- Jeff Petriello, director of creative development, Mashable Collective
Sign up to the Journalism.co.uk iTunes podcast feed
Free daily newsletter
- What to do before, during and after a live podcast event
- Daily news podcasts proving to be an attractive proposition for advertisers
- ‘I became a journalist aged 31, as a single parent and a woman of colour’
- Weekly journalism news update: Education, audience engagement and expert sound design
- The Sista Collective: a BBC podcast that puts BAME women at the heart of key conversations