Since it launched in 2011, Snapchat has evolved beyond a messaging app used by teenagers to send embarrassing pictures or videos that disappear after ten seconds.
As chat apps are becoming important distribution channels for news, Snapchat is signing up more publishers to its Discover feature. So what stories better suit Snapchat Discover?
We speak to:
- Alan Strange, senior producer, Sky News
- Jeff Petriello, director of creative development, Mashable Collective
Sign up to the Journalism.co.uk iTunes podcast feed
Free daily newsletter
- Tool for journalists: The Snap Map is now available on the web, outside of Snapchat
- CAST: A project building a community news network in Armenia trialled an alternative to expensive mobile data
- 'Stories affect us when we're out in the field' – Al Jazeera English interviewed its own reporters for an experimental podcast series
- The first podcast from Al Jazeera English used 'privileged access conversations' to take audiences beyond the story
- The Telegraph takes on audio storytelling, with podcasts and news briefings on Alexa and Google Assistant