Since it launched in 2011, Snapchat has evolved beyond a messaging app used by teenagers to send embarrassing pictures or videos that disappear after ten seconds.
As chat apps are becoming important distribution channels for news, Snapchat is signing up more publishers to its Discover feature. So what stories better suit Snapchat Discover?
We speak to:
- Alan Strange, senior producer, Sky News
- Jeff Petriello, director of creative development, Mashable Collective
Sign up to the Journalism.co.uk iTunes podcast feed
Free daily newsletter
- In-camera transitions, citizen reporting and interactive voice content: here is your weekly journalism news update
- The Economist launches new daily current-affairs podcast The Intelligence
- Hashtag Our Stories is using Snapchat lenses to turn citizens into more effective storytellers
- Struggling to find podcasts worth listening to? Let Piqd help you
- 'Respect your heritage, retain the DNA, but always evolve' – creating a transformational culture at Vogue International