Since it launched in 2011, Snapchat has evolved beyond a messaging app used by teenagers to send embarrassing pictures or videos that disappear after ten seconds.
As chat apps are becoming important distribution channels for news, Snapchat is signing up more publishers to its Discover feature. So what stories better suit Snapchat Discover?
We speak to:
- Alan Strange, senior producer, Sky News
- Jeff Petriello, director of creative development, Mashable Collective
Sign up to the Journalism.co.uk iTunes podcast feed
Free daily newsletter
- The Tip Off shows emotional and legal impact of investigative journalism
- Bellingcat launches investigative podcast about the Malaysia Airlines Flight 17 crash
- How to launch your podcast on a shoestring budget
- Pilot placement scheme to help BAME journalists break into radio and podcast
- App for journalists: Mojo, for creating stand-out Instagram and Facebook Stories