Rewind to April 2018 and Jodie Jackson managed to crowdfund a little over £11,000 to publish her book "You are what you read". It aimed to shed the light on the psychological need for solutions journalism in today’s problem-dominated news culture.
The author, who also holds a master's degree in positive psychology, also appeared at Newsrewired to speak about how solutions journalism could hold the key for curing reader disengagement.
This week, with three months until the book hits shelves, we caught up with Jackson to talk about the fruits of her research and what the resounding support for solutions journalism says about today's audiences.
Interested in solutions journalism? Come along to Newsrewired on March 6th at Reuters, London, where we will look at significant examples of how solutions journalism can boost revenue streams.
Free daily newsletter
- 10 must-join Facebook groups for journalists
- Job interview tips, crowdfunding and IGTV: here is your weekly journalism news update
- Tip: How to launch a successful crowdfunding campaign
- The Seattle Times uses crowdfunding to stay independent as ad revenue dwindles
- Sustainable newsroom: relevance and trust are key for successful crowdfunding