Whether you are using YouTube, Periscope or Facebook Live to broadcast live to your audience, successful streams often actively engage the viewers in the event as opposed to just showing them footage.
Simone Kovacs, who covers media innovation and video production for The Video Strategist and In the Field, provides four tips for more engaging livestreams in this article on MediaShift.
Have a colleague monitor and respond to comments to keep the conversation going, she advises, and if you are broadcasting alone, try to have access to a second phone to receive the latest updates on a breaking news event and communicate it to both viewers and to the newsroom.
Free daily newsletter
- Tip: Take note of this advice for investigating large data leaks
- Tip: Use this card game to plan which storytelling elements your project should include
- Tip: Check out this advice for editing Instagram images within the app
- Tip: Here are seven questions to ask before choosing comics journalism as a format for your story
- Tip: Here's how journalists can protect their work online