Whether you are using YouTube, Periscope or Facebook Live to broadcast live to your audience, successful streams often actively engage the viewers in the event as opposed to just showing them footage.
Simone Kovacs, who covers media innovation and video production for The Video Strategist and In the Field, provides four tips for more engaging livestreams in this article on MediaShift.
Have a colleague monitor and respond to comments to keep the conversation going, she advises, and if you are broadcasting alone, try to have access to a second phone to receive the latest updates on a breaking news event and communicate it to both viewers and to the newsroom.
Free daily newsletter
- Tip: Use this guide to get started as a freelancer abroad
- Tip: Remember this advice for submitting FOI requests
- Tip: Check out these 8 opportunities for journalists to apply for at the beginning of 2018
- Tip: Here's how to get started with data journalism
- Spaceship Media is using 'dialogue journalism' to enable productive conversations between communities at odds