Whether you are using YouTube, Periscope or Facebook Live to broadcast live to your audience, successful streams often actively engage the viewers in the event as opposed to just showing them footage.
Simone Kovacs, who covers media innovation and video production for The Video Strategist and In the Field, provides four tips for more engaging livestreams in this article on MediaShift.
Have a colleague monitor and respond to comments to keep the conversation going, she advises, and if you are broadcasting alone, try to have access to a second phone to receive the latest updates on a breaking news event and communicate it to both viewers and to the newsroom.
Free daily newsletter
- Tip: Are you a podcaster? Check out these Facebook groups and podcasts for advice and support
- Tip: Learn the best practices for adding text to social videos
- Tip: How to use SEO tactics to maximise audience growth
- Tip: Check out these recommendations before bringing podcasting into the classroom
- Engaged Journalism Accelerator launches with €600,000 grant programme