Whether you are using YouTube, Periscope or Facebook Live to broadcast live to your audience, successful streams often actively engage the viewers in the event as opposed to just showing them footage.
Simone Kovacs, who covers media innovation and video production for The Video Strategist and In the Field, provides four tips for more engaging livestreams in this article on MediaShift.
Have a colleague monitor and respond to comments to keep the conversation going, she advises, and if you are broadcasting alone, try to have access to a second phone to receive the latest updates on a breaking news event and communicate it to both viewers and to the newsroom.
Free daily newsletter
- Tip: How to get the most out of your smartphone camera when taking pictures at night
- Why assumed knowledge is the 'enemy of the push alert'
- Tip: How to prevent female reporters from becoming targets of abuse on social media
- Tip: 3 ways to make your headlines stand out on social media
- Tip: Remember this guide for investigative web research