Freelancing is challenging enough already as it is: not only do you need to find the right pitch and convince an editor to publish your work, you also need to keep on top of the invoices and make sure you earn enough cash.
To make at least the second bit simpler, "Who Pays Writers" put together a database of media organisations, listing the fees they pay for freelance work.
The platform crowdsources anonymous figures from publications around the world and shows how easy or difficult it is to get your money, how long it takes on average, and it also features tips for pitching to various organisations.
Free daily newsletter
- Tip: 13 tactics to grow your audience on Facebook
- Tip: Learn how to connect with mentors
- Tip: Implement these SEO techniques to boost your page views
- Tool for journalists: Pitchwhiz, for connecting freelancers with news organisations
- Tip: Learn how to spot and respond to disinformation on social media