Instagram is a key platform in order to find young news audiences. The Economist, with its 5.9m Instagram followers, is using the platform in that respect to great effect: two thirds of that following are aged 18 - 34.
The frequent headache with Instagram is generating referral traffic from the platform to your news pages. Moloney explains how the Link-In-bio tool and the Instagram Story format are both critical plays in its growth strategy.
Join the Journalism.co.uk news channel on Telegram to receive news and updates straight to your phone every week
Free daily newsletter
- Predictions for journalism 2024: social media platforms and strategies
- Washington Post releases year-in-review feature for subscribers
- What do young audiences really need from the news?
- 38 mojo apps from BBC trainer Marc Blank-Settle
- Helping teenagers understand social platforms, with Sophia Smith Galer