When news organisations collaborate, it is not just a cost-saving exercise, but it can lead to some of the biggest investigations, like the Panama Papers story.
However, as director of the Center for Cooperative Media Stefanie Murray explained, having a structure in place to manage the collaboration and its partners is critical for success.
"We have learned that it's important to have clear roles and responsibilities, and a lot more communication," it reads.
Free daily newsletter
- Tip: How to cover online social movements
- Tip: Building trust for your media business during the covid-19 pandemic
- Tip: How to spot the actors behind covid-19 disinformation
- EJC launches Freelance Journalism Assembly to support the self-employed community
- How to set up your distributed newsroom for success