For freelance journalists, email newsletters can be a particularly useful way of staying up-to-date with industry opportunities and getting career advice.
Almost all of her 13 recommendations are free to subscribe to, with some offering extra content for paid subscribers.
"Whether you're looking for an entry level journalism vacancy, a freelance gig or funding opportunities, email newsletters are fighting the mysticism and elusiveness that so often surrounds this industry," Lord explained.
For the latest news, journalism tips, job vacancies and more, make sure to subscribe to our free daily newsletter.
Free daily newsletter
- Tip: How to cover online social movements
- Tip: Building trust for your media business during the covid-19 pandemic
- Tip: How to spot the actors behind covid-19 disinformation
- Tip: Use up-to-date and reliable covid-19 data
- New Slack group offers support for freelance journalists during the coronavirus crisis