Although publishers see the importance of video content as audiences move to social, video production can be expensive, and can take a lot more time than you've bargained for.
Check out this list from Storyhunter, republished on MediaShift, which points out six ways hiring a freelance videographer can benefit your news organisation.
Hiring freelancers on the ground means you won't have to worry about visas, fixers or translators, and you'll spend far less time on paperwork and budgeting, the article explains.
Free daily newsletter
- Tip: Bookmark these tools to save your digital work
- Redesigning the journalistic economy as if starting from scratch
- Tip: Take note of this advice for investigating large data leaks
- Tip: Use this card game to plan which storytelling elements your project should include
- Tip: Check out this advice for editing Instagram images within the app