Although publishers see the importance of video content as audiences move to social, video production can be expensive, and can take a lot more time than you've bargained for.
Check out this list from Storyhunter, republished on MediaShift, which points out six ways hiring a freelance videographer can benefit your news organisation.
Hiring freelancers on the ground means you won't have to worry about visas, fixers or translators, and you'll spend far less time on paperwork and budgeting, the article explains.
Free daily newsletter
- Tip: Are you a podcaster? Check out these Facebook groups and podcasts for advice and support
- Tip: Learn the best practices for adding text to social videos
- Tip: How to use SEO tactics to maximise audience growth
- Tip: Check out these recommendations before bringing podcasting into the classroom
- Tip: Bookmark these tools for collaborating on investigative projects