Although publishers see the importance of video content as audiences move to social, video production can be expensive, and can take a lot more time than you've bargained for.
Check out this list from Storyhunter, republished on MediaShift, which points out six ways hiring a freelance videographer can benefit your news organisation.
Hiring freelancers on the ground means you won't have to worry about visas, fixers or translators, and you'll spend far less time on paperwork and budgeting, the article explains.
Free daily newsletter
- Tip: Check out this advice for getting started with 360-degree video
- Tip: Remember these pointers for building communities using Facebook groups
- Tip: Recommendations for working with inconsistent data
- Tip: Advice for making events a part of your newsroom's engagement strategy
- Tip: How to tell stories using small data sets