Although publishers see the importance of video content as audiences move to social, video production can be expensive, and can take a lot more time than you've bargained for.
Check out this list from Storyhunter, republished on MediaShift, which points out six ways hiring a freelance videographer can benefit your news organisation.
Hiring freelancers on the ground means you won't have to worry about visas, fixers or translators, and you'll spend far less time on paperwork and budgeting, the article explains.
Free daily newsletter
- Tip: 13 tactics to grow your audience on Facebook
- Tip: Learn how to connect with mentors
- Tip: Implement these SEO techniques to boost your page views
- Tool for journalists: Pitchwhiz, for connecting freelancers with news organisations
- Tip: Learn how to spot and respond to disinformation on social media