What is it? Doubletake is a new app from FilmicPro which allows you to film with two cameras on your smartphone at the same time.
Devices: iOS devices with iOS 13.0 or later (multi-cam video restricted to iPhones released from 2018)
How is it of use to journalists?
Demonstrated at the Apple Keynote event last September, Doubletake allows mobile journalists and filmmakers record with two cameras to capture interactions during an interview.
We walk you through how to get started with the app in this video explainer.
Free daily newsletter
- Tool for journalists: The Progress Network, for finding experts on societal solutions
- Documenting India's migrant crisis with smartphones and bicycles
- App for journalist: JSafe, for reporting online abuse
- World News Day: seven stand-out pieces of journalism in 2020
- Tip: Five steps to become a mobile journalism wizard