What is it? Doubletake is a new app from FilmicPro which allows you to film with two cameras on your smartphone at the same time.
Devices: iOS devices with iOS 13.0 or later (multi-cam video restricted to iPhones released from 2018)
How is it of use to journalists?
Demonstrated at the Apple Keynote event last September, Doubletake allows mobile journalists and filmmakers record with two cameras to capture interactions during an interview.
We walk you through how to get started with the app in this video explainer.
Free daily newsletter
- Try to ask the public "Are you happy?" next time you are covering an election campaign
- Four ways journalists can protect sources using the “deep web”
- Seven tried-and-tested steps to growing your digital subscription model
- No newsroom, no problem: tips and tricks for working through lockdown
- Five tips for media studies freshers