Mobile journalism has grown exponentially over the last few years, as it made it easier than ever to film and report from the palm of your hand.
Co-founder of Hashtag Our Stories Yusuf Omar has utilised the potential of mojo to give a platform to untold stories from across the world, including through wearable technology.
We spoke to Omar after his talk at Newsrewired about the benefits of wearable journalism and how Hashtag Our Stories is able to give a voice to marginalised and unheard communities.
Want to receive journalism news and job updates straight to your phone? Subscribe to Journalism.co.uk on Telegram on our jobs channel for latest job opportunities, and our news channel for a weekly digest every Monday morning.
Free daily newsletter
- Try to ask the public "Are you happy?" next time you are covering an election campaign
- A decade on from the Arab Spring: ten ways use of social media has changed in the Middle East
- Four ways journalists can protect sources using the “deep web”
- Seven tried-and-tested steps to growing your digital subscription model
- 'Digital first, print second': how Ireland's INM went from zero to 30k subscribers in one year