Mobile journalism has grown exponentially over the last few years, as it made it easier than ever to film and report from the palm of your hand.
Co-founder of Hashtag Our Stories Yusuf Omar has utilised the potential of mojo to give a platform to untold stories from across the world, including through wearable technology.
We spoke to Omar after his talk at Newsrewired about the benefits of wearable journalism and how Hashtag Our Stories is able to give a voice to marginalised and unheard communities.
Want to receive journalism news and job updates straight to your phone? Subscribe to Journalism.co.uk on Telegram on our jobs channel for latest job opportunities, and our news channel for a weekly digest every Monday morning.
Free daily newsletter
- Cassius Rayner, iPhone filmmaker, on staying creative during covid-19
- Want to discover more constructive journalism stories? This app curates them in one place
- Six simple steps to beef up your cybersecurity while WFH
- How the i newspaper doubled its Instagram following in a year
- "TikTok does not have the same environment for media partners as Snapchat"