Mobile journalism has grown exponentially over the last few years, as it made it easier than ever to film and report from the palm of your hand.
Co-founder of Hashtag Our Stories Yusuf Omar has utilised the potential of mojo to give a platform to untold stories from across the world, including through wearable technology.
We spoke to Omar after his talk at Newsrewired about the benefits of wearable journalism and how Hashtag Our Stories is able to give a voice to marginalised and unheard communities.
Want to receive journalism news and job updates straight to your phone? Subscribe to Journalism.co.uk on Telegram on our jobs channel for latest job opportunities, and our news channel for a weekly digest every Monday morning.
Free daily newsletter
- How AI can help journalists track MPs financial interests
- 38 mojo apps from BBC trainer Marc Blank-Settle
- Tools for journalists: Missing Perspectives Directory, for connecting newsrooms with women
- 15 online communities for journalists you should know about
- Ukrainian journalists use smartphones to tell stories of displaced communities