It seems that there is always a new cutting-edge, technological breakthrough on the horizon.
But not all of it happens in California and China. The European tech market is valued at around €30bn, doubling in value in three years. Reporting on this trend is FT-backed news website Sifted that brings stories about entrepreneurial startups in this space.
Editor Michael Stothard said that with tech startups being an underreported territory, your work can have a real impact. However, lack of information means you have to work harder to know who are the right companies to profile.
Job-hunting? Your next position could be waiting for you on the Journalism.co.uk jobs board.
Free daily newsletter
- By dropping its paywall for a day, the FT lost out on subscriptions but found new, engaged audience
- Eleanor Mills: 'Newspapers will become irrelevant if they do not cater to all parts of society'
- How to make branded content work for your newsroom
- Newsrewired special: Angie Lau, founder of Forkast.News, on developing a business mindset
- Must-have skills for a media startup CEO: Katie Vanneck-Smith of Tortoise