2020 has been a tough year for the media industry. The coronavirus pandemic has forced journalists to work from home, disrupted revenue streams and is causing staff burnout.
We could be here all day talking about the problems. But at the 27th Newsrewired conference starting on 1 December 2020, we aim to set you up for success in 2021.
Leading experts will share their knowledge around navigating the challenges of covid-19 and help you take advantage of the opportunities your newsroom has to innovate.
Want to know more? We caught up with a few of our speakers ahead of time, featuring:
- Dmitry Shiskin, independent digital consultant and former BBC World Service digital development editor.
- Kassy Cho, journalist and audience strategist.
- Ryan Tuck, independent consultant and adviser.
Agenda at a glance
1 December 2020
- Keynote: Post-pandemic journalism will be ‘more mission-driven, public service-focused, and audience-centred’
- Panel: How to lead a disrupted newsroom
- Workshop: Learn to build a sustainable business model for your news organisation
3 December 2020
- Panel: Leveraging audio to drive subscriber revenue
- Fireside chat: How data science, machine learning and historical data can help journalists look towards the future
- Workshop: Creating shareable news videos for social media: mobile edition
8 December 2020
- Panel: Improving mental health in the newsroom
- Fireside chat: Using Instagram to grow audience (TBC)
- Workshop: Rethinking your journalistic career
10 December 2020
- Panel: Should journalists use social platforms to share their opinions?
- Fireside chat: Unpublishing: who should decide what news is worth keeping – and what to do with the rest?
- Closing keynote
Visit newsrewired.com for the full event agenda, speaker information and tickets.
Free daily newsletter
- What do audiences need from climate journalism?
- Newsrewired special with Media Voices: leadership, AI and business models
- Newsrewired: How to nail your subscription pitch
- Middle-managers need greater support for newsrooms to thrive
- Newsrewired throwback: What you learned at our previous digital journalism conference