Instagram: for work, for pleasure, for life.
Instagram’s growth shows no sign of slowing down and it now boasts 1 billion monthly (and 500 million daily) users. Brands love it and the ‘Stories’ function has really taken off. So just how can you make Instagram work for you?
If you’re looking to improve your Instagram offering, generate more creative and engaging content and come away brimming with ideas and inspiration, then this is the course for you.
Designed and led by former BBC journalist Sue Llewellyn, this course will help you to master the art of Instagram to create more beautiful and engaging content and to develop a clear and effective strategy to get the most out of it.
Aimed at food/drink/beauty brands and bloggers, photographers, journalists, programme-makers, PRs and comms teams, this course is perfect for anyone – especially creatives with a visual hobby or passion - who wants to be able to generate beautiful photos and tell more emotionally engaging stories.
What will the course cover?
- An overview of the visual media landscape: current trends, user habits and behaviours
- How Instagram works: the art of great storytelling and the science of the hashtag
- Developing your bio, finding your niche and honing your style
- How to identify target audiences, partners and influencers
- What makes great visual content, how to generate it and when to post or promote it
- How to use Instagram Stories and Instagram Live creatively
- How to improve the shareability and discoverability of your content to ensure others can find and will want to engage with you
- And loads of time-saving creative apps, tips and techniques to optimise your workflow and content
- You will come away with:
- A clear idea of how to plan and implement a really effective Instagram strategy
- Heaps of creative ideas and proven techniques for how to manage your Instagram and work the algorithm
- Loads of examples and case studies of how others are using it and how you can adopt, adapt and improve your offering
- A specially designed ‘UltraSocial Instagram Strategy Workbook’ with planners, tools and tip sheets
What to bring with you
As with all Journalism.co.uk courses, the training will focus on the latest tools and techniques with an emphasis on practical, hands-on learning. Delegates will need an Instagram account, a Smartphone (with space for shooting a few photos/videos), charger/battery pack and notebook and may be asked to do a (very short) bit of homework to bring on the day.
A sandwich buffet lunch plus tea and coffee is included.
This course will be held at The Bridge, 81 Southwark Bridge Road, London SE1 0NQ.
About Sue Llewellyn
Sue is a former BBC journalist who spent 15 years in the TV newsroom.
Over the last nine years she has worked as an independent consultant helping leadership teams develop social media strategies and training. Her clients include BBC News, BBC Academy, Financial Times, Foreign and Commonwealth Office, Bank of England, Team GB, ITV Good Morning Britain, Thomson Foundation, Immediate Media group, UNHCR and many other large and small businesses, brands and start-ups.
She pioneered the introduction of ‘Twitter Masterclasses’ in the heart of the BBC newsroom and since 2009 has been responsible for designing and leading a wide range of social media training across the corporation. To date she has personally trained over 5,000 people worldwide including many of the top names in British broadcasting.
She regularly speaks at conferences on The Psychology of Social Media and How journalists are using social media to engage audiences.
Find her on Twitter @suellewellyn
“I had no idea there was so much to making Instagram work for you, things nobody tells you. Thank you! That’s really opened my eyes and is already making a big difference.”
“Thanks for all your help - we all thought it was a great course. Incredibly useful and full of practical tips.”
“Excellent course. Sue's a great communicator and trainer.”
"Sue Llewellyn is an excellent trainer with a wealth of knowledge on social media, which she delivers in a very thorough, informative and kind way. The content was exactly what I was looking for in this course and I could instantly visualise how I could put to use every tip or advice from Sue. She is also a great communicator, making sure we had hands-on training too, allowing us to take time to create our own Instagram Stories and explaining every step of the way."