Metropolitan police said all six have been bailed 'to return pending further inquiries' in AprilCredit: Alberto OG on Flickr. Some rights reserved
Police have confirmed that all six people arrested by Operation Weeting on Tuesday, reported to include former News International chief executive Rebekah Brooks and her husband, have been released on bail.
In a statement the Metropolitan police said that all six have been bailed "to return pending further inquiries" in April.
It was announced on Tuesday that six people were arrested by Operation Weeting, the police investigation into alleged phone hacking, on suspicion of conspiracy to pervert the course of justice, contrary to the Criminal Law Act 1977.
The five men and a woman, aged between 38 and 49, were arrested at addresses in London, Hampshire, Oxfordshire and Hertfordshire.
Press reports named former editor of the News of the World Rebekah Brooks as the arrested woman and her husband Charlie Brooks as one of the arrested men. It was also reported that Mark Hanna, News International's director of group security, was one of the other men arrested.
Police issued an update later on Tuesday to confirm that all six had been bailed.