Listen below for this week's news round-up from Journalism.co.uk's Sarah Marshall and sign up to our iTunes podcast feed for future audio.
This week's jpod reports on the admission of liability by News International, owner of the News of the World, in a number of cases involving allegations of phone hacking, the Guardian winning Newspaper of the Year at the Press Awards and the introduction of a part-paywall at the UK's biggest regional daily, the Express and Star. There is also more information on Journalism.co.uk's fourth news:rewired event, noise to signal, which takes place on 27 May at Thomson Reuters, Canary Wharf, with just three days left to snap up earlybird discounted tickets.
Free daily newsletter
- ‘I became a journalist aged 31, as a single parent and a woman of colour’
- Weekly journalism news update: Education, audience engagement and expert sound design
- The Sista Collective: a BBC podcast that puts BAME women at the heart of key conversations
- The Tip Off shows emotional and legal impact of investigative journalism
- How First News helps kids understand the world around them