This podcast looks at the work of three data journalism teams in Latin America.
We hear about investigative data journalism and data scraping at La Nación in Costa Rica; we are introduced to an interactive created by the new data team at Estadão de São Paulo in Brazil; and we look at how La Nación in Argentina is dealing with data in a country without Freedom of Information.In this podcast Journalism.co.uk speaks to:
- Giannina Segnini, editor, investigative unit at Costa Rica's La Nación
- Jose Roberto de Toledo, a journalist at Estadão de São Paulo in Brazil
- Angelica Peralta Ramos, multimedia development manager and data journalism project manager at Argentina's La Nación
You can hear future podcasts by signing up to the Journalism.co.uk iTunes podcast feed.
Free daily newsletter
- Norwegian weekly newspaper Kommunal Rapport uses data journalism to build its digital presence
- Tip: Bookmark this list of data journalism resources from NICAR
- Tip: 18 ways to make data visualisations more mobile-friendly
- Survey: Journalists can now have their say on access to UK Government data
- Tip: How a Washington Post reporter mapped American infrastructure