This podcast looks at the work of three data journalism teams in Latin America.
We hear about investigative data journalism and data scraping at La Nación in Costa Rica; we are introduced to an interactive created by the new data team at Estadão de São Paulo in Brazil; and we look at how La Nación in Argentina is dealing with data in a country without Freedom of Information.In this podcast Journalism.co.uk speaks to:
- Giannina Segnini, editor, investigative unit at Costa Rica's La Nación
- Jose Roberto de Toledo, a journalist at Estadão de São Paulo in Brazil
- Angelica Peralta Ramos, multimedia development manager and data journalism project manager at Argentina's La Nación
You can hear future podcasts by signing up to the Journalism.co.uk iTunes podcast feed.
Free daily newsletter
- A journalist's guide to open-source tools
- The Economist uses sports coverage to grow its audience
- Newsrooms that do not personalise content are missing out on 'vital' opportunities to grow
- Robot journalists revive hyperlocal communities left behind by declining regional media
- Can user rating help news brands regain audience trust?