This podcast looks at the work of three data journalism teams in Latin America.
We hear about investigative data journalism and data scraping at La Nación in Costa Rica; we are introduced to an interactive created by the new data team at Estadão de São Paulo in Brazil; and we look at how La Nación in Argentina is dealing with data in a country without Freedom of Information.In this podcast Journalism.co.uk speaks to:
- Giannina Segnini, editor, investigative unit at Costa Rica's La Nación
- Jose Roberto de Toledo, a journalist at Estadão de São Paulo in Brazil
- Angelica Peralta Ramos, multimedia development manager and data journalism project manager at Argentina's La Nación
You can hear future podcasts by signing up to the Journalism.co.uk iTunes podcast feed.
Free daily newsletter
- The state of information in global newsrooms: tools and tech on the rise, but digital not the answer to everything
- Fact-checking around the world: robo-checking, community meetings and Telegram
- Q&A: Lyndsey Jones, executive editor at the Financial Times on what you will need to succeed in the newsroom of the 2020
- Tool for journalists: Credder, for ranking credible and non-credible articles
- Tip: Set up a data unit in your newsroom