This podcast looks at the work of three data journalism teams in Latin America.
We hear about investigative data journalism and data scraping at La Nación in Costa Rica; we are introduced to an interactive created by the new data team at Estadão de São Paulo in Brazil; and we look at how La Nación in Argentina is dealing with data in a country without Freedom of Information.In this podcast Journalism.co.uk speaks to:
- Giannina Segnini, editor, investigative unit at Costa Rica's La Nación
- Jose Roberto de Toledo, a journalist at Estadão de São Paulo in Brazil
- Angelica Peralta Ramos, multimedia development manager and data journalism project manager at Argentina's La Nación
You can hear future podcasts by signing up to the Journalism.co.uk iTunes podcast feed.
Free daily newsletter
- How Reuters uses robots to analyse data and humans to tell the stories
- With local investigative journalism increasingly under threat, do we need new business models for news?
- The Economist's print edition launches a dedicated data journalism page for better visual storytelling
- 'The greatest data project you’ve never heard of': inside the Yemen Data Project
- How BBC Africa Eye used open-source tools to debunk myths around that video of murder in Cameroon