After Flipboard for text and Spotify and Pandora for music, it's the turn of public radio to embrace personalisation.
This week we look at NPR's new app, NPR One, which brings together a wealth of audio content and delivers it based on listener interests. It is putting NPR journalism in front of new audiences and is being seen by some as a potential game-changer for online radio.
This week's guests are:
- Jeremy Pennycook, mobile technology manager at NPR @jypyk
- James Cridland, radio futurologist, managing director at media.info and co-organiser of the nextrad.io ideas conference @jamescridland
Free daily newsletter
- Tip: Check out these free tools for mobile audio
- Al Jazeera's latest virtual reality project immerses viewers with animated art
- Tip: Bookmark these resources for planning digital initiatives in the newsroom
- With a tool called Amplify, the Reveal podcast is tapping into listeners' desire to dig deeper into stories
- 5 tips for getting started with making a podcast musical