After Flipboard for text and Spotify and Pandora for music, it's the turn of public radio to embrace personalisation.
This week we look at NPR's new app, NPR One, which brings together a wealth of audio content and delivers it based on listener interests. It is putting NPR journalism in front of new audiences and is being seen by some as a potential game-changer for online radio.
This week's guests are:
- Jeremy Pennycook, mobile technology manager at NPR @jypyk
- James Cridland, radio futurologist, managing director at media.info and co-organiser of the nextrad.io ideas conference @jamescridland
Free daily newsletter
- #newsrw: How to follow along with the latest newsrewired event
- How Note to Self crowdsourced stories about information overload from 30,000 people
- 'Never underestimate the intelligence of your audience': Managing a community of millions at Serial
- Inside Infomagical, Note to Self's crowdsourcing project to find out how people deal with information overload
- Tip: Check out this podcasting advice for beginners