After Flipboard for text and Spotify and Pandora for music, it's the turn of public radio to embrace personalisation.
This week we look at NPR's new app, NPR One, which brings together a wealth of audio content and delivers it based on listener interests. It is putting NPR journalism in front of new audiences and is being seen by some as a potential game-changer for online radio.
This week's guests are:
- Jeremy Pennycook, mobile technology manager at NPR @jypyk
- James Cridland, radio futurologist, managing director at media.info and co-organiser of the nextrad.io ideas conference @jamescridland
Free daily newsletter
- A snapshot of news organisations' reporting on US election day
- How NPR and The Washington Post are covering the US election results
- Pop-Up Magazine is telling stories over the phone as an alternative to podcasting
- Advice from 10 news organisations to help you tailor your story pitches
- Why CBC News produced its first investigative podcast