ABC News announced a livestreaming initiative called GoStream last week, equipping its reporters with an app called LiveU that will allow them to broadcast on the outlet's website straight from their smartphones.
Livestreaming has recently established itself as a citizen reporter's tool, with sites such as livestream.com growing in popularity.
But how practical is it for news organisations, and what types of stories call for mobile livestreaming?
This week's guests are:
- Doug Vance, vice-president, product, ABC News
- Nick Martin, correspondent, Sky News
- Marc Settle, smartphone trainer, BBC
You can hear future Journalism.co.uk podcasts by subscribing to us on iTunes.
Free daily newsletter
- Advice from ABC News: how to get started with satellite journalism
- BBC 100 Women celebrates female trailblazers around the world
- Five ways the BBC will boost its audience engagement in 2019
- How BBC Africa Eye used open-source tools to debunk myths around that video of murder in Cameroon
- BBC experiments with new virtual studio to better explain the news to young people across Africa