ABC News announced a livestreaming initiative called GoStream last week, equipping its reporters with an app called LiveU that will allow them to broadcast on the outlet's website straight from their smartphones.
Livestreaming has recently established itself as a citizen reporter's tool, with sites such as livestream.com growing in popularity.
But how practical is it for news organisations, and what types of stories call for mobile livestreaming?
This week's guests are:
- Doug Vance, vice-president, product, ABC News
- Nick Martin, correspondent, Sky News
- Marc Settle, smartphone trainer, BBC
You can hear future Journalism.co.uk podcasts by subscribing to us on iTunes.
Free daily newsletter
- Latest report from the European Broadcasting Union outlines challenges for public service media
- Reuters Institute report prompts optimism about readers' appreciation of journalism
- Tip: 4 approaches to make livestreams more interactive
- Fresh, fun and irreverent: How BuzzFeed engaged millennials in the UK election with two Facebook Lives
- Tip: Here's how to livestream in 360 degrees on Facebook