ABC News announced a livestreaming initiative called GoStream last week, equipping its reporters with an app called LiveU that will allow them to broadcast on the outlet's website straight from their smartphones.
Livestreaming has recently established itself as a citizen reporter's tool, with sites such as livestream.com growing in popularity.
But how practical is it for news organisations, and what types of stories call for mobile livestreaming?
This week's guests are:
- Doug Vance, vice-president, product, ABC News
- Nick Martin, correspondent, Sky News
- Marc Settle, smartphone trainer, BBC
You can hear future Journalism.co.uk podcasts by subscribing to us on iTunes.
Free daily newsletter
- From social media to in-story experiences, chat bots help the BBC 'do things faster and at scale'
- #newsrw: How to follow along with newsrewired
- BBC's VR Hub launches its first news documentary to explore the water politics of the river Nile
- Speakers from CNN and Reuters to share insights at newsrewired, 7 March
- The importance of 'cultural absorption' when writing a book fit for the small screen