ABC News announced a livestreaming initiative called GoStream last week, equipping its reporters with an app called LiveU that will allow them to broadcast on the outlet's website straight from their smartphones.
Livestreaming has recently established itself as a citizen reporter's tool, with sites such as livestream.com growing in popularity.
But how practical is it for news organisations, and what types of stories call for mobile livestreaming?
This week's guests are:
- Doug Vance, vice-president, product, ABC News
- Nick Martin, correspondent, Sky News
- Marc Settle, smartphone trainer, BBC
You can hear future Journalism.co.uk podcasts by subscribing to us on iTunes.
Free daily newsletter
- How to get your next podcast commissioned
- Weekly journalism news update: how to 'unbias' the news, interactive timelines and solutions-based photojournalism
- The Sista Collective: a BBC podcast that puts BAME women at the heart of key conversations
- Value My News to help UK-based hyperlocal publishers monetise content
- How BBC Good Food used voice search analytics to cook up its first Alexa skill