ABC News announced a livestreaming initiative called GoStream last week, equipping its reporters with an app called LiveU that will allow them to broadcast on the outlet's website straight from their smartphones.
Livestreaming has recently established itself as a citizen reporter's tool, with sites such as livestream.com growing in popularity.
But how practical is it for news organisations, and what types of stories call for mobile livestreaming?
This week's guests are:
- Doug Vance, vice-president, product, ABC News
- Nick Martin, correspondent, Sky News
- Marc Settle, smartphone trainer, BBC
You can hear future Journalism.co.uk podcasts by subscribing to us on iTunes.
Free daily newsletter
- Value My News to help UK-based hyperlocal publishers monetise content
- How BBC Good Food used voice search analytics to cook up its first Alexa skill
- Facial recognition, subtitling automation and datasets: how Sky News uses AI to unburden journalists
- Newsrewired March 2019: seven main takeaways
- BBC Local News Partnerships: how breaking out of the London bubble can strengthen the news agenda