ABC News announced a livestreaming initiative called GoStream last week, equipping its reporters with an app called LiveU that will allow them to broadcast on the outlet's website straight from their smartphones.
Livestreaming has recently established itself as a citizen reporter's tool, with sites such as livestream.com growing in popularity.
But how practical is it for news organisations, and what types of stories call for mobile livestreaming?
This week's guests are:
- Doug Vance, vice-president, product, ABC News
- Nick Martin, correspondent, Sky News
- Marc Settle, smartphone trainer, BBC
You can hear future Journalism.co.uk podcasts by subscribing to us on iTunes.
Free daily newsletter
- Newsrewired March 2019: seven main takeaways
- BBC Local News Partnerships: how breaking out of the London bubble can strengthen the news agenda
- Local Democracy Reporters supply 850 regional titles with public interest stories
- The Cairncross Report: what it says and first impressions
- BBC uses immersive video to show life of Madagascan women imprisoned for crimes committed by their male relatives