ABC News announced a livestreaming initiative called GoStream last week, equipping its reporters with an app called LiveU that will allow them to broadcast on the outlet's website straight from their smartphones.
Livestreaming has recently established itself as a citizen reporter's tool, with sites such as livestream.com growing in popularity.
But how practical is it for news organisations, and what types of stories call for mobile livestreaming?
This week's guests are:
- Doug Vance, vice-president, product, ABC News
- Nick Martin, correspondent, Sky News
- Marc Settle, smartphone trainer, BBC
You can hear future Journalism.co.uk podcasts by subscribing to us on iTunes.
Free daily newsletter
- What will the next decade look like for journalism?
- Sky News and BuzzFeed UK collaborate on livestreaming UK general election 2019 overnight show
- BBC Shared Data Unit inspires data journalism teams across the UK to collaborate on public interest stories
- Weekly journalism news update: 'automated journalism', sustainable newsrooms and Newsrewired
- BBC calls on Ofcom to help with transition from the analogue era to the digital world