ABC News announced a livestreaming initiative called GoStream last week, equipping its reporters with an app called LiveU that will allow them to broadcast on the outlet's website straight from their smartphones.
Livestreaming has recently established itself as a citizen reporter's tool, with sites such as livestream.com growing in popularity.
But how practical is it for news organisations, and what types of stories call for mobile livestreaming?
This week's guests are:
- Doug Vance, vice-president, product, ABC News
- Nick Martin, correspondent, Sky News
- Marc Settle, smartphone trainer, BBC
You can hear future Journalism.co.uk podcasts by subscribing to us on iTunes.
Free daily newsletter
- BBC #newsHACK: Where journalists and developers collaborate on solutions to the media industry's challenges
- How BBC #newsHACK is driving innovation in news delivery
- How to broadcast live with another person on Instagram
- How the BBC is using Hearken for crowd-powered journalism
- The UGC hub at the BBC builds trust with readers by involving them in the reporting