ABC News announced a livestreaming initiative called GoStream last week, equipping its reporters with an app called LiveU that will allow them to broadcast on the outlet's website straight from their smartphones.
Livestreaming has recently established itself as a citizen reporter's tool, with sites such as livestream.com growing in popularity.
But how practical is it for news organisations, and what types of stories call for mobile livestreaming?
This week's guests are:
- Doug Vance, vice-president, product, ABC News
- Nick Martin, correspondent, Sky News
- Marc Settle, smartphone trainer, BBC
You can hear future Journalism.co.uk podcasts by subscribing to us on iTunes.
Free daily newsletter
- The UGC hub at the BBC builds trust with readers by involving them in the reporting
- Throwback Thursday: Multimedia is 'the way I consume media so it should also be the way I work with it'
- Throwback Thursday: Relaunching for 'web 3.0' and expanding interactivity
- So you want to be a newsreader?
- Tip: Bookmark this advice for local newsrooms to keep up with digital practices