ABC News announced a livestreaming initiative called GoStream last week, equipping its reporters with an app called LiveU that will allow them to broadcast on the outlet's website straight from their smartphones.
Livestreaming has recently established itself as a citizen reporter's tool, with sites such as livestream.com growing in popularity.
But how practical is it for news organisations, and what types of stories call for mobile livestreaming?
This week's guests are:
- Doug Vance, vice-president, product, ABC News
- Nick Martin, correspondent, Sky News
- Marc Settle, smartphone trainer, BBC
You can hear future Journalism.co.uk podcasts by subscribing to us on iTunes.
Free daily newsletter
- 10 Facebook Live tips from the Hindustan Times
- 10 format ideas for short-form audio storytelling
- 6 tips to prepare your newsroom for live video on social media
- Why The Boston Globe is experimenting with livestreaming its website on Facebook
- NBC News is experimenting with live virtual reality to cover news events