Podcasts, newsletters, blogs, vlogs – any of these can be good mediums if you are looking to start a journalism project outside of your job.
Maybe you want to learn a new skill or you're just passionate about a topic that doesn't quit fit under your job requirements but you still think other people might be interested in hearing or reading about it?
They explain how they got started, how much time they spend working on their projects and what the benefits are.
Free daily newsletter
- Beginner's tips for reporting from the Middle East
- In-camera transitions, citizen reporting and interactive voice content: here is your weekly journalism news update
- The Economist launches new daily current-affairs podcast The Intelligence
- Struggling to find podcasts worth listening to? Let Piqd help you
- 'From the street to the boardroom': How Reuters’ Africa Journal produces ‘mobile-friendly’ stories on Africa