Podcasts, newsletters, blogs, vlogs – any of these can be good mediums if you are looking to start a journalism project outside of your job.
Maybe you want to learn a new skill or you're just passionate about a topic that doesn't quit fit under your job requirements but you still think other people might be interested in hearing or reading about it?
They explain how they got started, how much time they spend working on their projects and what the benefits are.
Free daily newsletter
- From pub basement to the News Building: The free London meetup helping journalists learn to code
- Through curation, NewsMavens aims to create a front page put together by women in newsrooms
- Why political journalism is in need of new approaches and innovation
- Tip: Bookmark these recommendations for telling captivating audio stories
- New podcast The Tip Off aims to take listeners behind the scenes of investigative journalism in the UK