Podcasts, newsletters, blogs, vlogs – any of these can be good mediums if you are looking to start a journalism project outside of your job.
Maybe you want to learn a new skill or you're just passionate about a topic that doesn't quit fit under your job requirements but you still think other people might be interested in hearing or reading about it?
They explain how they got started, how much time they spend working on their projects and what the benefits are.
Free daily newsletter
- The Sista Collective: a BBC podcast that puts BAME women at the heart of key conversations
- The Tip Off shows emotional and legal impact of investigative journalism
- Mobile journalism tips: how to capture social audiences with mobile-first content
- Bellingcat launches investigative podcast about the Malaysia Airlines Flight 17 crash
- Mentoring a journalism student? Here is what they need from you