Podcasts, newsletters, blogs, vlogs – any of these can be good mediums if you are looking to start a journalism project outside of your job.
Maybe you want to learn a new skill or you're just passionate about a topic that doesn't quit fit under your job requirements but you still think other people might be interested in hearing or reading about it?
They explain how they got started, how much time they spend working on their projects and what the benefits are.
Free daily newsletter
- Tip: 3 ways to make your voice sound better on air
- The Week in Good News, a weekly newsletter from the NYT, acts as an antidote to the daily news cycle
- Tip: Are you a podcaster? Check out these Facebook groups and podcasts for advice and support
- 'The ability to adapt a tool is more important than the ability to use it': Making open source sustainable
- Today, Explained: A look at Vox's daily news explainer podcast