Podcasts, newsletters, blogs, vlogs – any of these can be good mediums if you are looking to start a journalism project outside of your job.
Maybe you want to learn a new skill or you're just passionate about a topic that doesn't quit fit under your job requirements but you still think other people might be interested in hearing or reading about it?
They explain how they got started, how much time they spend working on their projects and what the benefits are.
Free daily newsletter
- Feel the emotion: Live storytelling tips from The Moth
- Tip: Here are 5 reasons to start an email newsletter
- Just be human: How The Moth works with its community to tell stories live
- The latest Global News Relay is tackling solutions journalism in 10 countries
- Piqd is combining expertise from academics, journalists and professionals to curate news