Podcasts, newsletters, blogs, vlogs – any of these can be good mediums if you are looking to start a journalism project outside of your job.
Maybe you want to learn a new skill or you're just passionate about a topic that doesn't quit fit under your job requirements but you still think other people might be interested in hearing or reading about it?
They explain how they got started, how much time they spend working on their projects and what the benefits are.
Free daily newsletter
- Tip: Remember these pointers for creating a local newsletter
- Quartz's Davos Daily Brief is the latest in a series of pop-up newsletters
- CAST: A project building a community news network in Armenia trialled an alternative to expensive mobile data
- 'Stories affect us when we're out in the field' – Al Jazeera English interviewed its own reporters for an experimental podcast series
- The first podcast from Al Jazeera English used 'privileged access conversations' to take audiences beyond the story