Podcasts, newsletters, blogs, vlogs – any of these can be good mediums if you are looking to start a journalism project outside of your job.
Maybe you want to learn a new skill or you're just passionate about a topic that doesn't quit fit under your job requirements but you still think other people might be interested in hearing or reading about it?
They explain how they got started, how much time they spend working on their projects and what the benefits are.
Free daily newsletter
- IMPRESS releases new guidance to help journalists report on election polls
- JPIMedia steps up its mobile-first strategy with a new i newspaper app
- ‘I became a journalist aged 31, as a single parent and a woman of colour’
- Fever Pit'ch: a football newsletter powered by reader-first approach and strong community
- Weekly journalism news update: Education, audience engagement and expert sound design