Forget football, cricket and athletics, the world’s fastest-growing sport is live video gaming.
Esports, which stands for electronic sports, sees nimble-fingered professional game-players compete in matches and worldwide tournaments online, and often in stadiums and arenas full of thousands of screaming fans.
In this week’s podcast, we talk to Jack Stewart, a 21 year old graduate of the University of Brighton, who was snapped up by the Daily Mail to cover this new beat.
He explains why the publisher has started to take this genre seriously, and gives his advice for others looking to get into the role.
Free daily newsletter
- 'Alexa, what's the news?': How Flash Briefings can help you reach wider audiences
- 'You don't get to be what you don't see': Al Jazeera's interactive video project on female coders around the world
- Crowdsourcing, engagement and 360-degree video: Here is your weekly journalism news update
- How to make the most of Stories, whatever social platform you are publishing on
- Catch up on newsrewired, our 22nd digital journalism conference