More and more news organisations are producing their own podcasts, and the success of storytelling shows and weekday news briefings prove they are becoming a hit with listeners.
In this week's podcast, we hear from Sean Rameswaram, host of Today, Explained at Vox, to hear about the editorial processes that go into making a podcast with a tailor-made approach, and what it takes to produce explainer pieces that react to breaking news on a daily basis.
The podcast has been running since 19 February, and is created by a small team of six headed up by executive producer Irene Noguchi.
With songs, interviews, audio clips and commentary, the news organisation hopes to give people an entertaining yet informative overview of some of the most important stories of the day.
Free daily newsletter
- Podcasts: easy mistakes, golden rules and learning curves
- In-camera transitions, citizen reporting and interactive voice content: here is your weekly journalism news update
- The Economist launches new daily current-affairs podcast The Intelligence
- Struggling to find podcasts worth listening to? Let Piqd help you
- The Financial Times creates interactive audio documentary to immerse audiences in stories about Berlin