Blockchain is not just about cryptocurrencies like Bitcoin or Ethereum; this technology starts to be implemented in all kinds of sectors, like real estate or healthcare.
The journalism community is slowly starting to take note of blockchain, with many using the buzzword while not being 100 per cent sure what it actually means.
So how does blockchain work and why should journalists care? To find out, we spoke to Daniel Sieberg, co-founder at iO and blockchain expert, who helps us shed the light on what blockchain actually is.
Do you want to find out more about the use of blockchain in journalism? Join us at the newsrewired conference on 6 March 2019 in London, UK.
Free daily newsletter
- Newsrewired March 2019: seven main takeaways
- Advertorial: PUBLIQ offers publishers a fair revenue distribution model and helps fight media censorship
- #MeToo, interactive series and MOJO debates: here is your weekly journalism news update
- Why do journalists need to care about blockchain?
- Demystifying blockchain for journalists