Blockchain is not just about cryptocurrencies like Bitcoin or Ethereum; this technology starts to be implemented in all kinds of sectors, like real estate or healthcare.
The journalism community is slowly starting to take note of blockchain, with many using the buzzword while not being 100 per cent sure what it actually means.
So how does blockchain work and why should journalists care? To find out, we spoke to Daniel Sieberg, co-founder at iO and blockchain expert, who helps us shed the light on what blockchain actually is.
Do you want to find out more about the use of blockchain in journalism? Join us at the newsrewired conference on 6 March 2019 in London, UK.
Free daily newsletter
- Career goals, chatbots and blockchain: Here is your weekly journalism news update
- Christmas podcast: Journalism.co.uk looks back on their stand-out stories of 2018
- Blockchain, vertical video and podcasting: Here is your weekly journalism news update
- Blockchain tech has the power to fight censorship — but it can help fake news stay forever
- Need to catch up? Here's your weekly journalism news update