Sexual harassment at work is unacceptable, but is unfortunately something that many people encounter in newsrooms across the world.
Check out this article from journalist Sherry Ricchiardi at IJNet, who explains how she has met multiple media professionals facing gender inequities in the workplace.
She explained some of the challenges and obstacles faced by workers due to gender-based harassment, and lists tips on how they can effectively handle abusive behaviour in the newsroom.
These include making clear that suggestive comments are not acceptable, becoming familiar with harassment guidelines and lobbying managers to create a system for reporting such behaviour.
Free daily newsletter
- Tip: Take note of these recommendations for editing smartphone footage on desktop
- Tip: Check out this advice for becoming an investigative reporter
- Tip: Check out this advice for improving your use of drone technology
- Tip: Bookmark this advice for doing investigative journalism in the age of Trump
- Tip: How to succeed on social without agonising over metrics