Sexual harassment at work is unacceptable, but is unfortunately something that many people encounter in newsrooms across the world.
Check out this article from journalist Sherry Ricchiardi at IJNet, who explains how she has met multiple media professionals facing gender inequities in the workplace.
She explained some of the challenges and obstacles faced by workers due to gender-based harassment, and lists tips on how they can effectively handle abusive behaviour in the newsroom.
These include making clear that suggestive comments are not acceptable, becoming familiar with harassment guidelines and lobbying managers to create a system for reporting such behaviour.
Free daily newsletter
- Tip: 3 ways to verify images on your smartphone
- Tip: Take note of this advice for improving your writing
- Tip: Bookmark this advice for improving your interviewing skills
- Tip: How to help create more diversity in photojournalism
- Tip: Check out this advice for better understanding your audience on social media