Articles focused on solutions also tend to generate more engagement from readers than stories that simply highlight the problem.
If you'd like to start writing solutions stories, check out this article on IJNet for tips on how to approach this type of reporting and more examples of solutions journalism in the media.
One thing to keep in mind is that solutions journalism, or constructive journalism, does not mean positive news or feel-good stories.
Free daily newsletter
- Tip: Advice for journalists working with coders
- Tip: How to keep up with social media news
- Tip: How to get the most out of your smartphone camera when taking pictures at night
- Tip: How to prevent female reporters from becoming targets of abuse on social media
- Tip: 3 ways to make your headlines stand out on social media