Articles focused on solutions also tend to generate more engagement from readers than stories that simply highlight the problem.
If you'd like to start writing solutions stories, check out this article on IJNet for tips on how to approach this type of reporting and more examples of solutions journalism in the media.
One thing to keep in mind is that solutions journalism, or constructive journalism, does not mean positive news or feel-good stories.
Free daily newsletter
- Tip: Bookmark these tools for collaborating on investigative projects
- 'You are what you read' book on constructive journalism surpasses its crowdfunding target
- Tip: How to make the most of editorial newsletters
- Tip: Remember these recommendations for foreign correspondents
- Tip: Advice for journalists using Instagram Stories