Articles focused on solutions also tend to generate more engagement from readers than stories that simply highlight the problem.
If you'd like to start writing solutions stories, check out this article on IJNet for tips on how to approach this type of reporting and more examples of solutions journalism in the media.
One thing to keep in mind is that solutions journalism, or constructive journalism, does not mean positive news or feel-good stories.
Free daily newsletter
- Tip: Bookmark this guide for making the most of social media analytics
- Tip: Learn more about recording equipment by following this audio production guide
- Tip: Consider these key points when using social media in the Middle East
- Tip: Advice for planning large editorial projects with fewer resources
- Tip: 6 suggestions for using multimedia tools to cover climate change