Articles focused on solutions also tend to generate more engagement from readers than stories that simply highlight the problem.
If you'd like to start writing solutions stories, check out this article on IJNet for tips on how to approach this type of reporting and more examples of solutions journalism in the media.
One thing to keep in mind is that solutions journalism, or constructive journalism, does not mean positive news or feel-good stories.
Free daily newsletter
- Tip: Bookmark these tools to save your digital work
- Tip: Take note of this advice for investigating large data leaks
- Tip: Use this card game to plan which storytelling elements your project should include
- Tip: Check out this advice for editing Instagram images within the app
- Tip: Here are seven questions to ask before choosing comics journalism as a format for your story