There is nothing quite like first-hand experience. When it comes to doing podcasts, The Media Voices Podcast has been in the game a long time with its weekly episodes of media stories, interviews and analysis.
Upon hitting its 200th podcast episode, the team shares all its lessons from the journey so far. It provides a great reminder that although a weekly show can be demanding, you cannot afford to get complacent. Do your homework on your guest, their background and think carefully about the expertise they can bring to your show.
"Research and preparation ahead of talking to guests really makes a difference. You can only ask interesting questions if you know about the work your guests do and why they do it," the article reads.
Free daily newsletter
- Tip: How UK freelance journalists can use ALCS to earn more money from their work
- Tip : Incorporate solutions journalism in your reporting
- Tip: Freelancer’s guide to battling mis- and disinformation in the news
- Tip: Recruit the best social media editor for your team
- Tip: Leadership advice for women in investigative journalism