Devices: iPad, iPhone and Android
What is it? App for creating, organising, editing, cloud-storing and sharing videos.
How it is of use to journalists? Together allows journalists to capture and organise video content through their smartphone.
Users can either import existing video or shoot straight from the app. Once you have several scenes, you can then pick the videos you want to use and create a sequence from them.
Recently released on Android as well as on iOS, the app can be used by journalists to produce an entire video clip using their smartphone.
Alternatively, it could also be useful for reporters out in the field to shoot an introduction, which can then be sent back to the newsroom for integration into a longer piece of video.
You can also manage and edit videos through the Together web page once you are back in the newsroom.
Everything you add to Together is stored in the cloud, so your videos are accessible from anywhere and backed-up in case your device is lost or stolen.
And for easy categorisation, you can choose whether you want to organise your videos by date, location or tags, kind of like an Evernote for video.
Together is also enabled for social sharing, so video can easily be shared to Twitter, Facebook or Google+.
Free daily newsletter
- Seven free tools for journalists to try in 2021
- App for journalists: MyScoop, for commissioning mobile and citizen journalism
- App for journalist: JSafe, for reporting online abuse
- Want to discover more constructive journalism stories? This app curates them in one place
- App for journalists: Emulsio, for stabilising shaky camera footage