What is it? App for creating, organising, editing, cloud-storing and sharing videos.
How it is of use to journalists? Together allows journalists to capture and organise video content through their smartphone.
Users can either import existing video or shoot straight from the app. Once you have several scenes, you can then pick the videos you want to use and create a sequence from them.
Recently released on Android as well as on iOS, the app can be used by journalists to produce an entire video clip using their smartphone.
Alternatively, it could also be useful for reporters out in the field to shoot an introduction, which can then be sent back to the newsroom for integration into a longer piece of video.
You can also manage and edit videos through the Together web page once you are back in the newsroom.
Everything you add to Together is stored in the cloud, so your videos are accessible from anywhere and backed-up in case your device is lost or stolen.
And for easy categorisation, you can choose whether you want to organise your videos by date, location or tags, kind of like an Evernote for video.
Together is also enabled for social sharing, so video can easily be shared to Twitter, Facebook or Google+.
Free daily newsletter
- App for journalists: Enlight Videoleap, for editing video packages on your smartphone
- How to record and publish podcasts using Anchor
- App for journalists: VeeR Editor, for editing 360-degree video on your smartphone
- App for journalists: Animoto, for animated video slideshows
- How to record and edit videos on your iPhone with Videon