Now into its second season, the ‘pop-doc’ series Follow This launched by Buzzfeed in July, follows their staff as they explore ‘the stories relevant to our time'.
In this week’s podcast, we speak to Buzzfeed reporter Bim Adewunmi on documenting Afrovivalism and Amish romance novels, and show runner Jess Harrop on what the series sets out to achieve on the video streaming service.
Trying to find new ways to appeal to younger audiences? Gen-Z is on the agenda at our upcoming Newsrewired conference on 7 November at Reuters, London.
Free daily newsletter
- How Buzzfeed reaches audiences at home through their Netflix ‘pop-doc' series Follow This
- ‘Covering the full breadth of the continent was really important to me’: Reuters’ Africa Journal is reporting diverse and vibrant African stories
- How Vox expanded its network by crowdsourcing for its latest documentary series
- Mobile journalism, apps and video formats: Here is your weekly journalism news update
- 'Don't make a video, make a format': Does your news organisation need to refresh its approach to video?