For some publishers, chat apps are a way to put their brand in front of new audiences, while others are using these channels to crowdsource stories and experiences around topics that are more easily approached outside of public platforms such as Facebook and Twitter.
In this week's episode, James Morgan, social and audience engagement lead for BBC News, explains why and how the organisation has been using Yik Yak to reach its younger audience.
Free daily newsletter
- US reporters use SMS to reach local audiences with coronavirus coverage
- Why you need to integrate solutions journalism to your covid-19 reporting now
- How to report on the coronavirus pandemic, whatever your beat
- Tip: Protect your mental health during the coronavirus pandemic
- What can deep listening do for journalism?