#newsHACK is a series of events organised to encourage journalists and developers to work together and build solutions to challenges within the industry.
Hosted by BBC News Labs and Connected Studio, these events conjure up new ideas and concepts based around the delivery of online news as part of a short competition.
Participants of the #newsHACK events, which are held in different places around the world including London, Nairobi and Cape Town, are set a brief and given two days to develop ideas.
Teams then pitch their ideas to a panel of judges, who decide which are worthy of winning.
In this week's podcast, we hear from:
Free daily newsletter
- Why your news organisation should get started with Alexa Flash Briefings
- The Financial Times mixes journalism with performance to engage wider audiences
- BBC experiments with new virtual studio to better explain the news to young people across Africa
- Data sharing is caring: BBC boosts local news output through its Shared Data Unit
- Need to catch up? Here's your weekly journalism news update