#newsHACK is a series of events organised to encourage journalists and developers to work together and build solutions to challenges within the industry.
Hosted by BBC News Labs and Connected Studio, these events conjure up new ideas and concepts based around the delivery of online news as part of a short competition.
Participants of the #newsHACK events, which are held in different places around the world including London, Nairobi and Cape Town, are set a brief and given two days to develop ideas.
Teams then pitch their ideas to a panel of judges, who decide which are worthy of winning.
In this week's podcast, we hear from:
Free daily newsletter
- Tip: Take note of this advice for collaborating on data journalism projects
- Google launches News Initiative, investing $300 million to help publishers tackle subscriptions and misinformation
- BBC's VR Hub launches its first news documentary to explore the water politics of the river Nile
- The Humanitarian News Research Network aims to help journalists and communications teams improve their work
- One day, 5 cities, 160 people: Inside the Bureau Local's investigation into local budgets