#newsHACK is a series of events organised to encourage journalists and developers to work together and build solutions to challenges within the industry.
Hosted by BBC News Labs and Connected Studio, these events conjure up new ideas and concepts based around the delivery of online news as part of a short competition.
Participants of the #newsHACK events, which are held in different places around the world including London, Nairobi and Cape Town, are set a brief and given two days to develop ideas.
Teams then pitch their ideas to a panel of judges, who decide which are worthy of winning.
In this week's podcast, we hear from:
Free daily newsletter
- From social media to in-story experiences, chat bots help the BBC 'do things faster and at scale'
- The Daphne Project: 'Even if you stop a messenger, you will not stop the message'
- Inside 3 organisations' approach to community-minded journalism
- Emotion and identity: Why journalists should cover the wider context behind memes
- Global council launches to document and connect initiatives fighting mis- and disinformation