#newsHACK is a series of events organised to encourage journalists and developers to work together and build solutions to challenges within the industry.
Hosted by BBC News Labs and Connected Studio, these events conjure up new ideas and concepts based around the delivery of online news as part of a short competition.
Participants of the #newsHACK events, which are held in different places around the world including London, Nairobi and Cape Town, are set a brief and given two days to develop ideas.
Teams then pitch their ideas to a panel of judges, who decide which are worthy of winning.
In this week's podcast, we hear from:
Free daily newsletter
- Tip: Check out these recommendations for collaborating on projects
- How WikiTribune is aiming to combat trust issues in journalism
- #newsrw: How to follow along with today's newsrewired event
- The Trust Project launches transparency standards to help readers identify reliable news sources
- BBC #newsHACK: Where journalists and developers collaborate on solutions to the media industry's challenges