#newsHACK is a series of events organised to encourage journalists and developers to work together and build solutions to challenges within the industry.
Hosted by BBC News Labs and Connected Studio, these events conjure up new ideas and concepts based around the delivery of online news as part of a short competition.
Participants of the #newsHACK events, which are held in different places around the world including London, Nairobi and Cape Town, are set a brief and given two days to develop ideas.
Teams then pitch their ideas to a panel of judges, who decide which are worthy of winning.
In this week's podcast, we hear from:
Free daily newsletter
- How BBC World Service engages younger audiences by fulfilling six reader needs
- BBC 100 Women celebrates female trailblazers around the world
- How Vogue International engages Generation Z on Instagram
- Is your news organisation new to Instagram Stories? Here is how to get started
- Five ways the BBC will boost its audience engagement in 2019