The use of drones by individuals and even some media companies is limited by a number of factors: the eagerness to embrace new technology, potential lack of financial resources, heavy legal implications and concerns around privacy, to name just a few.
In this podcast we speak to John Mills, lecturer and researcher at UCLan's Media Innovation Studio and its Civic Drone Centre, about the potential for drones, or unmanned aerial vehicles (UAVs), in journalism, looking at how news outlets have used this technology and what else they could be doing.
Free daily newsletter
- World’s leading expert on design thinking to give keynote at Newsrewired
- The Bristol Cable launches new tool to engage readers with local journalism
- Dying to get online: independent media’s 'last-chance saloon'
- What will newsrooms look like after the pandemic is over?
- New BBC explainer feature helps news readers understand complex topics