Publishers need to be able to engage audiences on-the-go, but how does that change how we tell stories on mobile?
From video to longform articles, there are a range of techniques and formats that journalists are employing to grab and keep the attention of audiences.
Speakers at the latest newsrewired conference in London discussed strategies from BuzzFeed, the Wall Street Journal and Quartz, as well as outlining some of the challenges and considerations when producing content for a mobile audience, whether that’s a data visualisation or a news story.
In this week's episode we hear from:
- Brianne O’Brien, former lead news curation editor at BuzzFeed
- Colleen McEnaney, graphics editor at The Wall Street Journal
- Jason Karaian, global finance and economics editor at Quartz
Free daily newsletter
- The Bureau of Investigative Journalism launches theatre tour to bring reporting about domestic violence to wider audiences
- Tip: How to surprise your readers with an offbeat story
- Report: Best practices for launching digital editions from eight European publishers
- The Guardian Mobile Innovation Lab is working to elevate podcasts with a new player for the mobile web
- Tip: How to innovate when working on your own