Publishers need to be able to engage audiences on-the-go, but how does that change how we tell stories on mobile?
From video to longform articles, there are a range of techniques and formats that journalists are employing to grab and keep the attention of audiences.
Speakers at the latest newsrewired conference in London discussed strategies from BuzzFeed, the Wall Street Journal and Quartz, as well as outlining some of the challenges and considerations when producing content for a mobile audience, whether that’s a data visualisation or a news story.
In this week's episode we hear from:
- Brianne O’Brien, former lead news curation editor at BuzzFeed
- Colleen McEnaney, graphics editor at The Wall Street Journal
- Jason Karaian, global finance and economics editor at Quartz
Free daily newsletter
- The hidden impact of reporting on covid-19 from the frontline
- How to use social-native storytelling to break and cover news on Instagram
- Data crunching, weekly formats and vertical accounts: behind The Telegraph's Instagram strategy
- How journalists can help audiences understand the news
- What makes a good publisher podcast?