In this week's podcast, digital journalists share advice on how to monitor relevant updates across the internet.
From creating lists on Twitter and Facebook, following Reddit groups and setting up alert systems for edits to web pages, we discuss key tools and strategies to help journalists manage their monitoring workload online.
We speak to:
- Joe Galvin, journalist, Storyful, @Joey_Galvin
- Gayle Tomlinson, head of social media, Trinity Mirror Regionals, @gayle_tomlinson
- Robin Wauters, co-founder, Tech.eu, @robinwauters
Free daily newsletter
- 3 lessons from social media experiments at Trinity Mirror
- App for journalists: WePress, for pitching your work to publishers
- New app aims to be a security resource for journalists
- Tip: Learn how to succeed at podcasting
- What would a merger between Local World and Trinity Mirror mean for local journalism?