In this week's podcast, digital journalists share advice on how to monitor relevant updates across the internet.
From creating lists on Twitter and Facebook, following Reddit groups and setting up alert systems for edits to web pages, we discuss key tools and strategies to help journalists manage their monitoring workload online.
We speak to:
- Joe Galvin, journalist, Storyful, @Joey_Galvin
- Gayle Tomlinson, head of social media, Trinity Mirror Regionals, @gayle_tomlinson
- Robin Wauters, co-founder, Tech.eu, @robinwauters
Free daily newsletter
- Tip: Here's how to identify and fix issues when working with audio
- The Times Literary Supplement sees an opportunity for growth in longform, subscription-based journalism
- How WNYC's Note to Self worked with its audience to start a conversation about digital privacy
- 'We are in an information war' – How journalists can begin to tackle the misinformation ecosystem
- Why a photojournalist is creating a graphic novel shaped by the audience about children in Central African Republic