In this week's podcast, digital journalists share advice on how to monitor relevant updates across the internet.
From creating lists on Twitter and Facebook, following Reddit groups and setting up alert systems for edits to web pages, we discuss key tools and strategies to help journalists manage their monitoring workload online.
We speak to:
- Joe Galvin, journalist, Storyful, @Joey_Galvin
- Gayle Tomlinson, head of social media, Trinity Mirror Regionals, @gayle_tomlinson
- Robin Wauters, co-founder, Tech.eu, @robinwauters
Free daily newsletter
- CAST: A project building a community news network in Armenia trialled an alternative to expensive mobile data
- 'Stories affect us when we're out in the field' – Al Jazeera English interviewed its own reporters for an experimental podcast series
- The first podcast from Al Jazeera English used 'privileged access conversations' to take audiences beyond the story
- The Telegraph takes on audio storytelling, with podcasts and news briefings on Alexa and Google Assistant
- 2017 year in review: Media news highlights, from memes to virtual reality and political journalism