In this week's podcast, digital journalists share advice on how to monitor relevant updates across the internet.
From creating lists on Twitter and Facebook, following Reddit groups and setting up alert systems for edits to web pages, we discuss key tools and strategies to help journalists manage their monitoring workload online.
We speak to:
- Joe Galvin, journalist, Storyful, @Joey_Galvin
- Gayle Tomlinson, head of social media, Trinity Mirror Regionals, @gayle_tomlinson
- Robin Wauters, co-founder, Tech.eu, @robinwauters
Free daily newsletter
- Finding Home: TIME's year-long multimedia project about the lives of refugee mothers
- How BBC News is experimenting with Instagram Stories to engage younger audiences
- The benefits of developing a journalism side project
- Pop-Up Magazine is telling stories over the phone as an alternative to podcasting
- Why CBC News produced its first investigative podcast