In this week's podcast, digital journalists share advice on how to monitor relevant updates across the internet.
From creating lists on Twitter and Facebook, following Reddit groups and setting up alert systems for edits to web pages, we discuss key tools and strategies to help journalists manage their monitoring workload online.
We speak to:
- Joe Galvin, journalist, Storyful, @Joey_Galvin
- Gayle Tomlinson, head of social media, Trinity Mirror Regionals, @gayle_tomlinson
- Robin Wauters, co-founder, Tech.eu, @robinwauters
Free daily newsletter
- Why storytelling ‘is still everything', despite new journalism tools
- 'There are calls you have to make as a reporter' – Ethical challenges faced whilst covering the refugee crisis
- ONA launches set of guidelines to support news organisations working with eyewitness media
- Storyful to launch UK Newswire channel and expand London team
- Audience engagement and passion: The case for getting into podcasting