In this week's podcast, digital journalists share advice on how to monitor relevant updates across the internet.
From creating lists on Twitter and Facebook, following Reddit groups and setting up alert systems for edits to web pages, we discuss key tools and strategies to help journalists manage their monitoring workload online.
We speak to:
- Joe Galvin, journalist, Storyful, @Joey_Galvin
- Gayle Tomlinson, head of social media, Trinity Mirror Regionals, @gayle_tomlinson
- Robin Wauters, co-founder, Tech.eu, @robinwauters
Free daily newsletter
- A year after James Foley: Safety advice for conflict reporters
- Ombuds: Using Bitcoin to make online messages 'immutable'
- First speakers announced for news:rewired 'in focus' event on newsgathering and verification
- Quality over quantity: How to make LinkedIn work for you
- 'OMG! I have to tell you!' – The social science of sharing