In this week's podcast, digital journalists share advice on how to monitor relevant updates across the internet.
From creating lists on Twitter and Facebook, following Reddit groups and setting up alert systems for edits to web pages, we discuss key tools and strategies to help journalists manage their monitoring workload online.
We speak to:
- Joe Galvin, journalist, Storyful, @Joey_Galvin
- Gayle Tomlinson, head of social media, Trinity Mirror Regionals, @gayle_tomlinson
- Robin Wauters, co-founder, Tech.eu, @robinwauters
Free daily newsletter
- Advice for sourcing eyewitness media from social networks
- #newsrw: How to follow along with the latest newsrewired event
- How Note to Self crowdsourced stories about information overload from 30,000 people
- 'Never underestimate the intelligence of your audience': Managing a community of millions at Serial
- Inside Infomagical, Note to Self's crowdsourcing project to find out how people deal with information overload