In this week's podcast, digital journalists share advice on how to monitor relevant updates across the internet.
From creating lists on Twitter and Facebook, following Reddit groups and setting up alert systems for edits to web pages, we discuss key tools and strategies to help journalists manage their monitoring workload online.
We speak to:
- Joe Galvin, journalist, Storyful, @Joey_Galvin
- Gayle Tomlinson, head of social media, Trinity Mirror Regionals, @gayle_tomlinson
- Robin Wauters, co-founder, Tech.eu, @robinwauters
Free daily newsletter
- Creating change agents: How can you teach journalism innovation?
- How to get started in mobile journalism
- How Syrian refugees are finding their voice through mobile journalism
- The Guardian is 'putting the interactive back into interactive journalism' with RioRun
- Inside RioRun, the Guardian's first interactive podcast