In this week's podcast, digital journalists share advice on how to monitor relevant updates across the internet.
From creating lists on Twitter and Facebook, following Reddit groups and setting up alert systems for edits to web pages, we discuss key tools and strategies to help journalists manage their monitoring workload online.
We speak to:
- Joe Galvin, journalist, Storyful, @Joey_Galvin
- Gayle Tomlinson, head of social media, Trinity Mirror Regionals, @gayle_tomlinson
- Robin Wauters, co-founder, Tech.eu, @robinwauters
Free daily newsletter
- What makes a good audio story?
- Tip: Check out these free tools for mobile audio
- Al Jazeera's latest virtual reality project immerses viewers with animated art
- Tip: Bookmark these resources for planning digital initiatives in the newsroom
- With a tool called Amplify, the Reveal podcast is tapping into listeners' desire to dig deeper into stories