In this week's podcast, digital journalists share advice on how to monitor relevant updates across the internet.
From creating lists on Twitter and Facebook, following Reddit groups and setting up alert systems for edits to web pages, we discuss key tools and strategies to help journalists manage their monitoring workload online.
We speak to:
- Joe Galvin, journalist, Storyful, @Joey_Galvin
- Gayle Tomlinson, head of social media, Trinity Mirror Regionals, @gayle_tomlinson
- Robin Wauters, co-founder, Tech.eu, @robinwauters
Free daily newsletter
- 5 tips for getting started with making a podcast musical
- NewsNow started a petition against the proposed publisher's right in EU copyright law
- 'Sound is the totem': Inside the podcast musical 36 Questions
- From pub basement to the News Building: The free London meetup helping journalists learn to code
- Why political journalism is in need of new approaches and innovation