The brutal murder of freelance journalists in Syria last summer shocked the world. So are journalists any safer now, and what should reporters and news organisations be doing to ensure their safety in conflict zones?
Alastair Reid speaks to:
- Rob Mahoney, deputy director, the Committee to Protect Journalists
- John D McHugh, founder, Verifeye Media
- Tina Carr, director, the Rory Peck Trust
Sign up to the Journalism.co.uk iTunes podcast feed
Update: The podcast has been updated with accurate figures for the number of journalists killed since 2011.
Free daily newsletter
- The Tip Off shows emotional and legal impact of investigative journalism
- Bellingcat launches investigative podcast about the Malaysia Airlines Flight 17 crash
- How to launch your podcast on a shoestring budget
- Pilot placement scheme to help BAME journalists break into radio and podcast
- 2019 Reuters Digital News Report finds that trust in the media continues to fall