As well as sharing news updates, there are a number of ways in which online publishers can maximise the engaging nature of video to give viewers extra context around a news story, particularly to explain the background or meaning to a subject.
In this week's podcast we hear more about two particular examples from UK newsrooms, and also look at how one particular tool, called Meograph, lets users produce multimedia packages incorporating a variety of content and online media, with additional geographical and time-related context available.
We hear from:
- Kamali Melbourne, online video producer, Channel 4 News
- Peter Winfield, videographic director, The Economist
- Misha Leybovich, founder, Meograph
You can hear future podcasts by signing up to the Journalism.co.uk podcast feed on iTunes.
Free daily newsletter
- The Economist creates a new revenue stream with online courses
- Six steps to setting up your home studio with a smartphone
- Coronavirus, statistical chaos and the news, one year on
- How to take your audience engagement up a notch in a pandemic: #NISAudience takeaways
- Five tips from The Economist to perfect your newsletter strategy