In late September, The Independent launched a new tier to their subscription model: Independent Minds.
As newsrooms continue to ask how to make money from journalism, in this week’s podcast we speak to editor Christian Broughton about why the Independent Minds is not your standard paywall.
He discusses why a tiered subscription service based on brand loyalty and exclusive perks is the way forward, and what lessons from past subscription models have been factored into this one.
Interesting in adapting your news organisation business model? Or are you considering memberships? Both topics are on the agenda for our upcoming Newsrewired conference on 7 November at Reuters, Canary Wharf, London.
Free daily newsletter
- Reuters Institute's media trends and predictions for 2021
- Leveraging audio to drive subscriptions and memberships
- How The Independent and Dennik N drive subscriptions with reader-centric metrics
- How membership models give independent publications the creative freedom to thrive
- The Membership Puzzle Project launches a guide to building a sustainable business model for your newsroom