In late September, The Independent launched a new tier to their subscription model: Independent Minds.
As newsrooms continue to ask how to make money from journalism, in this week’s podcast we speak to editor Christian Broughton about why the Independent Minds is not your standard paywall.
He discusses why a tiered subscription service based on brand loyalty and exclusive perks is the way forward, and what lessons from past subscription models have been factored into this one.
Interesting in adapting your news organisation business model? Or are you considering memberships? Both topics are on the agenda for our upcoming Newsrewired conference on 7 November at Reuters, Canary Wharf, London.
Free daily newsletter
- Online news gradually shifts away from free content and towards pay models
- Tip: Take your membership strategy to the next level
- How memberships and subscription models drive business growth
- Newsrewired March 2019: seven main takeaways
- Finding solutions to local issues: how SoJo stories saved French regional publisher from collapse