The use of audio for news is nothing new. After all, the first radio news broadcast took place more than a century ago and podcasts have been around for years.
But the creation of drop-in audio app Clubhouse in 2019 and the launch of Twitter’s new Spaces feature brought up a new opportunity for newsrooms to engage with their existing users and attract new ones. In an article for Reynolds Journalism Institute, Adriana Lacy rounded up six tips for incorporating these two apps in your audience growth strategy.
From using the audio apps for reporting and sourcing stories, to interacting with your listeners and even converting them to paying subscribers, the possibilities are endless.
Did you enjoy this tip? Subscribe to our free daily newsletter and get our stories delivered straight into your inbox every morning.
Free daily newsletter
- ‘Your copy should read like a WhatsApp message’: How to create content for and with Gen Z
- Tip: Managing doomscrolling
- Hollie Wong of GAY TIMES, on community building and resilience on social media
- Tip: An email template to ask readers for their support on World Press Freedom Day
- Tip: An A-Z of online community terms