If your newsroom's goals for 2018 is to work more closely together with other organisations on stories and projects, the first thing you should to is come come up with some topics that suit collaboration, as well as a list of reasons why an editorial partnership might be the best approach.
Depending on the duration and type of project, there are various resources an organisation can contribute, both in terms of skills and time. This database compiled by Melody Kramer for the Center for Cooperative Media outlines more than 100 examples of collaborations from around the world, which you can sort through according to the year, the organisations involved, or whether the initiative is still ongoing for example.
The list should be a good starting point if you are looking for inspiration, as well as to identify whether some organisations have been involved in multiple collaborations (which might mean it's something they are looking to do regularly), the type of outlets they seem to be working with more often, and the topics they cover.
Free daily newsletter
- Tip: Are you a podcaster? Check out these Facebook groups and podcasts for advice and support
- Tip: Learn the best practices for adding text to social videos
- Tip: How to use SEO tactics to maximise audience growth
- Tip: Check out these recommendations before bringing podcasting into the classroom
- Inside 3 organisations' approach to community-minded journalism