But while trying to keep up with these new updates, don't forget Facebook is also a good way to discover stories yourself and stay up to date with events and updates from your network and local patch – and there are probably a few things you can do more efficiently.
The helpful folk at Buffer put together a list of tips for using Facebook in a better way, from highlighting ways to save stories in your news feed for later, to pointing out interesting facts about engagement on the platform. Did you know that images shared from Instagram tend get more engagement than those uploaded straight to Facebook?
And if you have any tips of your own about making Facebook work for you, let us know in the comments below.
Free daily newsletter
- Tip: Bookmark these helpful tools for writing faster
- Starting a journalism course at university? Here's how to make the most of your time there
- Tip: Check out this advice for writing a great column
- How to source user-generated content legally with Lobster
- Tip: Here's what you need to know before your first Facebook Live